1st pic post....and what is it?

bigdjp

Looks to me like a Q-tip sponge. Not sure if that is the correct name or not. But I'm sure it's a sponge.

chris s

I found this snot looking thing on my rock. I just rearranged my rock and saw it. The rock has been in my reef tank for probably a year. Has anyone seen this before? And of course is it bad.

B

big911dog

looks like a q-tip sponge to me from the pic. harmless filter feeder.

minitrucke

When I get live rock form my local shop I look for rocks that have that same stuff on it under that assumption that it is a sponge. Lol, glad I was right and that I wasnt putting in something bad instead because I have quite a bit of it in my tank.

p_capel

thanks i will give it a try.
ok I saw the IMG button. It putts that http/ but how do i attatch the pic. sorry do i need to type where the pic is or what?

clarkiiboi

Scroll down further to attach file, right above submit reply. Click the browse and find the pic, open it, and then click submit. Pics have to be the right size though or it wont work.

clown52

I sure hope those are good cause I have had a ton of them show up over the last month or so....no changes to the tank either. It's like a short fuzzy white tube with what looks like a opening at the end.

metmike

hey man i have those every where all over my power heads and on the walls of my sump.they are sea squrits if i am not misstaken i bout like 10 of them a long time ago and when i put them in my tank at the time i had a chocolate chip star fish went right over to them and ate them so i was like well so much for that idea then like 1.5 months after that they were growing off my power heads like crazy kinda a funny story thought i would share see ya
metmike