1st pics of tank...better camera

benj2112

Ok, I recently posted this pic of 40 gallon tank that I took with a disposable 35 mm camera...not very good.
I just borrowed my dads camera to see what I could do with it. It is a Minolta 3xi with a standard zoom xi lense and a telephoto (Macro?? I guess it says that on the lens) lense.
It isn't a digital so it is still very much just taking a messing around with settings and see what comes out after the 1 hr. development.
I don't know if the lense 1.5/4.9ft MACRO lense is really for these types of shots, but it did seem to do better. One thing I couldn't do was get close to the tank. Is that what the 4.9ft means? That is about the closest I could get and still take shots at all. I am a true newbie with any camera...even the disposable ones.
So, here are the pics...starting with the old one first.

benj2112

Another of the firefish...I like this one because it shows how long his dorsal fin is. It is the longest one I have ever seen in person.

benj2112

Thanks! :D
I hope to get some better pics. I would like to use the manual settings, but can't get that to work at all right now. Plus I am trying to figure out appiture(sp) and all that goes with that. Lots of things to mess with and not the bennefit of being able to see what changes do.
Oh, well... it is fun, though.