1st South Side Swap Meet

fishyrishy

OK. Let me get this going.it's seems we have a place to meet thanks to spicey. next is to set up what everyone has to bring. i dont have any frags, but do have some equi, i would like to get rid of.i think a sat would be a good day to meet, if the school would allow it. please start to post what you have to trade/ sell, this way we can set a date.i'd say somtime in march.maybe the 2nd week. sound good?

S

slednecks

this is what I have to trade...
3 BTA's
1 colt frag
1 rock with purple star polyups, green star polyups, brown zoos and 1 small leather toad stool.
1 shark egg----

amazingray

Ok. I have a couple yellow polyps, quite a few orange tree sponge, and I might try to frag out my pink open brain. As far as equipment, I would need a box truck to bring all of it!:rolleyes:

spicey

lookin good amazingray. well i have GSPs to trade, some candy cane i can trade, maybe some mangroves, lots of cheato, and a bunch of equipment too. i cant wait this sounds great. i hope a bunch of ppl come!

amazingray

I probably will not bring much equipment, if any. I have been off of work do to a knee injury. But will see! I hope to make a trip to inland aquatics in the next month or so. I could get some good fragments for the next time...if I can make it!!

amazingray

I am curring some shroom cave rocks to bring for trade/sale. These are good for propogating mushrooms. They will all be different types of shapes. Mostly flat bottom. I can try to do some special request.
Does anyone need some coral plugs for some trades? I am making a batch for my sponge frags.
Anyone need some live rock uncured for sale/trade?

drummerbum

dont have any thing at the moment but this is why i wanted to do this club so i didnt have to spend $50 on a frag from the few fish stores around me i dont even have a ***** with SW. I just ordered a pc hood for my 10 so it may not be ready yet but i still want to meet every one
:jumping:

amazingray

Drummerbumm
It depends on what you want. This is not natural live rock. all hand made that coral will grow on. You just tell me what types of shapes and sizes, and I will do my best to make it for you. Or you can buy scraps for $2.00-$2.50/lb. If you need a culture or have some live rock already, this will start to have coraline algae growth within a few days. Some of us can supply you with a culture.
My mushroom caves will probably be between $5-$20 each, depending on sizes and shapes
Or I can give you a little piece to try at home.

amazingray

drummer,
I also can make you filter return rocks. If you have a canister filter, power head, etc. You can connect these rocks to your filter return line. These cannot handle too high of pressure, but work great in circulation of your tank. I do not have any made at the moment, as I sold out. If you would like to see one finished, I can make one to show...perhaps someone will want one for the next meet.

spicey

what do you make the rocks out of amazingray? actually that sounds like a good idea since at the ag school i was looking to set up some aquaculture tanks just for coral or lr since we only have freshwater right now. maybe we could even start a business of some sort?? we even have a greenhouse i really think it would be cool to do something like that

spicey

o and hey u guys does anyone happen to have a kalk or calcium reactor they would be willing to sell at the swap?

amazingray

My live rock is made out of aragonite, plastic clippings, filler, calcium, and high grade cement. It is curred in a vat of acid for a couple of weeks. This can be more expensive, but you have the capabilities to make shapes that you want or need. If we can get this meeting thing going, I can eventually show how to make live rock faces that lay on the back wall of your tank. It would be siliconed in place. This leaves you the option of leaving a nice size sand bed...ie- this knocks out the problem of having your rocks take up the whole middle of your tank.

amazingray

spicy,
Can you get me a phone number to reach someone you have talked to at your school? We need to make sure on times, etc. This would be a good thing for your school to get into. Coral farming is big industry! With more and more restrictions put on every year, it will be up to us learning to propogate corals at home, using home materials.

spicey

ha ha ha AWESOME! sounds great well so far im pretty much organizing it and i get to do whatever i want cause im the president :jumping: he he but if u give me an email address i can email u my number and the head agriculture lady's number at school who is very interested in going through with this. thanks alot

fishyrishy

ok spicey, your next act as president isto set up a time and date at your school. because with out that where back to square one.so get working on that..:happy:
:cheer:

spicey

well when do u guys want to have it? itll prolly be in like a couple weeks since we have to get ppl to come