1st tank question,

jadallen

Since I have carpet should I place some kind of mat down where my tank & stand will go?
Thanks for any suggestions.

katz

I would place one of those under the desk mats down under the tank. I wish I would have thought of that before I setup my tank. Office Max has them where you can buy them whatever lengh you want.
Katz

rusting

Originally Posted by Jadallen
Since I have carpet should I place some kind of mat down where my tank & stand will go?
Thanks for any suggestions.
You can go to home depot or lowes, and get liner for tile. It's heavy plastic on a roll, sold by the foot.

jadallen

Thanks rusting, I'll check into it.
I was going to make a run by Home Depot anyway to see if I could do anything to waterproof the bottom of my stand in case of small leaks.

reefkprz

I used shim shingles under the legs of my tank (its on carpet) as I filled the tank I re-leveled it as the carpet "crushed" using a small floor jack I was able to relevel the tank as it got fuller. I wouldn't reccomend shifting the weight of a large tank that had water in it though. my tank is 45g after it was half full I went with it as is. its almost perfectly level. not sure if thats what you meant but I hope this helps.

jadallen

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I used shim shingles under the legs of my tank (its on carpet) as I filled the tank I re-leveled it as the carpet "crushed" using a small floor jack I was able to relevel the tank as it got fuller. I wouldn't reccomend shifting the weight of a large tank that had water in it though. my tank is 45g after it was half full I went with it as is. its almost perfectly level. not sure if thats what you meant but I hope this helps.
I am curious to see how the tank settles out once it is in place. When it comes to leveling problems I figured I would cross that bridge when I came to it, though I am really hoping it does not re-level as the carpet gets crushed.