2.5 gal

wrassecal

For water movement and filtration I have a little clear plastic filter that came on one of those itty bitty 1/2 jobs. I clean the filter and do a water change every 2 weeks and put a little bag of carbon in it about once a month. I have a 14 watt pc on it for lighting. That's all. The orange shroom is a flouresing one that Bang sent me and it's been putting out a couple babies.:D I have a candy cane frag, hairy shroom, garden variety blue/purple shrooms and anthelia. There is one fish, a high fin goby that will go in the big tank when it's up and running again and a small scarlet cleaner....about 4 lbs live rock and 1 inch sand bed. Two astrea snails that make it where I never have to clean the glass and one nassarius, 1 hermit crab and quite a few bristle worms and pods. So far, it's been easy to care for but, I started it with things from the big tank so it was an easy set up. Check out jeo's thread/ It's the same filter, I took out the floss stuff and that's where I put my little bag of carbon. I have the 7 watt bulb too and I may add it to the 14 already on the 2.5 but, don't want a heat problem since I cut a piec of glass and lay my light on it to keep the little reef at the right temp.

kgrimes

Hey Debbie... Nice nano... I just started a 12g one myself... Planning to deep-six the hex soon... :rolleyes:
Nice to see you're alive and well. :)
Kevin

wrassecal

I'm going to have a small canopy made to hide it. Ballast plugs into the wall. It cost about $15.00 at lfs

wrassecal

Originally posted by kgrimes
Hey Debbie... Nice nano... I just started a 12g one myself... Planning to deep-six the hex soon... :rolleyes:
Nice to see you're alive and well. :)
Kevin

Hi Kevin:D I just bought one of those 12 gal nano cubes a couple of weeks ago. I like it a lot but, if you get one of these be sure to take out the bioballs and the ceramic rings.

on the note of the bioballs and rings in the nano-cube (i left mine in) can i just take them out whenever or should i wait till i do a water change
and is that the larger style of the palm light (galaxy light?) that just clips to the side? and can the bulb/ ballast be pulled from the cover-thing

wrassecal

I'd go ahead and take them out now. The light is the kind you are referring to. I don't think you can take it out because of the housing on/off switch etc but I'm not sure. I'm just going to hide mine with a canopy and let the light sit on glass. It keeps the temp right at 78-80.

kgrimes

I took my ceramic rings and bioballs out and filled those spaces with pod-infested rock from my larger tank... I woke up today, took my little red flashlight and saw tons pods swimming everywhere! :)
What do you think of my stock list:
2 false percs (my most consistent SW friends...with me from the beginning...through thick and thin...even the dark six pack pic period of my reef-keeping career :) )
1 cleaner shrimp
1 stawberry crab
1 purple lobster
20-ish blue leg hermits
1 feather duster
lotsa metallic shrooms
2 riccordea
2 elephant ear shrooms
:eek:

reefmagic

Purple lobsters tend to get pretty big (5" or so) and sometimes will become carnivorous.....or so I've heard.

kgrimes

Originally posted by ReefMagic
Purple lobsters tend to get pretty big (5" or so) and sometimes will become carnivorous.....or so I've heard.

Thanks Mark.
I have noticed him going crazy @ feeding times... I'll keep an eye on him!
Eventually, I suppose a trip to the BK broiler accompanied by some drawn butter may be in order. :)
Thanks

wrassecal

Kevin,
I would just keep an eye on him and make sure you have a safe place to send him. I've got a high fin goby named hyphen in my 2.5:eek: He's been in there 6 months and happy as can be but, I know I'm going to have move him. We are going to start the 135 back up again this weekend.:D