2.5 gallon addition

dbennett78

What should I add to my 2.5 gallon tank that is fun to watch. Im looking for like a crab or something that burrows and is active. Does anyone know of anything?

B

bangaii

i know they arent interesting, nothing u put in that small of a tank will be interesting.
nanos this small are not meant for animals other than snails and coral and hermits

moraym

I have seen a Bumble Bee Goby (Brachygobius doriae) successfully kept in a 3g tank, they're kinda interesting, only get an inch long.
They're brackish fish, but have been converted slowly to full marine by keepers.

ozzit

thats my goby! :D they are great little fish, u might squeak by with him in a 2.5, only b/c they are so garsh darn tiny :D
i have him in a 5 gallon minibow, which is the minimum sized tank for any brackish fish, he lives with 3 small fig 8 puffers, but i am converting them to full marine by the end of june

moraym

3 small figure 8s in a 5g? Wow, isn't that a lot on the bioload?
I've got a 3-yr old spotted puffer, and he's a waste machine.

magic mark

Originally posted by MorayM
3 small figure 8s in a 5g? Wow, isn't that a lot on the bioload?
I've got a 3-yr old spotted puffer, and he's a waste machine.

ya that is a huge bio load, but im in the middle of acclimating them to my 29gal full marine
i just lost 2 of them to a terrible out break of popeye :nope: i think they were in too small of a tank too long