2.5g w/ T-5 lighting

saltyvt

Decided to re-do my old 2.5 that was being ignored. So I added in frogspawn, Mean greens, green yuma. Then removed the 18w PC fixture for a 24w T-5 cadlight fixture. The colors and look are so much better with T-5's!!!!

saltyvt

I originally bought the whole system, Tank, water, rock, coral, bubble/sponge filter, and light for $130. I have been switching out different components. If you want a nice unit check out the 5.5 from cadlights.

saltyvt

Well I woke up one morning and decided that I wanted to ditch the 2.5 and go with a 5.5, so I did!
Here's what I have come up with....

iggyframe1

I looked all over there sight for a t-5 fixture for a 2.5 gallon. I also Looked for a 5.5 gallon kit. I had no luck can you help me with a link? thanks Stacy

howardj

[q]I originally bought the whole system, Tank, water, rock, coral, bubble/sponge filter, and light for $130[q/]
He bought the whole thing for $130.
Not bad by the way ;) nice job

howardj

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
you spent $130 for a 24 watt t-5!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!
No, the whole thing was $130
Nice tank!

saltyvt

Stacy, I bought it used from somebody who had it on their 5.5 cadlight, unfortunately they don't sell it by it's self. yeah I originally bought the tank, light, rock, coral, water for $130.

iggyframe1

Thanks for the info. I am going to buy there 5.5 kit. (Cant wait) I have been running a 60 gallon for about 6 years now. I want to try a Nano. If it doesnt work I could always put the CRITTERS in my 60. Thanks for the info on the lights Stacy

saltyvt

I paid 100 bux shipped off another member, I have been putting of getting a new filter for a couple weeks now, each time I go I end up buying coral, such is the case today!!!