2.5g what inverts?

bkvreef

I just set up a 2.5g with 15w lighting, with lr, ls
I have been told that fish are not an option?
What inverts could I include in the tank? What shrimp would be good, etc.?

craig_08

I would only do three snails and a sexy shrimp. This is what I have in my 3 gallon and it works nicely. And you are correct; fish are not an option. The lighting should be plenty for almost anything you would like to keep.

clay12340

As Craig mentioned sexy shrimp are a good option. A Pederson's cleaner shrimp or glass anemone shrimp might also be a good choice. I've had people recommend bumblebee shrimp to me, but I've never kept them myself. I think you could get away with a pair of shrimp and a couple snails without overloading the tank.
With the lighting you are fairly limited. Mushrooms and zoanthids would be good choices and come in lots of colors and textures. I've got a little xenia frag in my 3 gallon that seems to be doing well, so that might also be an option to add some motion.

bkvreef

I've taken the basic fluorescent bulb out and put a 13W spiral compact fluorescent bulb in. Will this allow anymore flexibility?

clay12340

I'm not familiar with the spiral PC bulbs, so I really can't say. I assumed that your lighting was already power compact as that is what I see on most of these very small tanks.

bkvreef

Originally Posted by Clay12340
I'm not familiar with the spiral PC bulbs, so I really can't say. I assumed that your lighting was already power compact as that is what I see on most of these very small tanks.

Sorry mine is a mini-bow 2.5 gallon. Very basic filtration etc.
It was a left over from my daughters failed attempt at responsibility (actually probably more my failure at teaching them responsibility)