2 Damsels R.I.P. Help!!!!

jwalters77

I had two damsels earlier this evening...One of which had a touch of saltwater ich...I bought some meds for it and followed the directions.. Well when I left this evening both of them were very close to the surface trying to get O2..and when I came back they were both dead... I have done a water change and taken out my snails and live rock...Any advice would help!!
Thanks
Jake

bluegill

ick is a terrible, terrible thing.
ick - it kills fish dead.
i would advise quarantining your fish and never treating a tank that you plan to keep inverts and live rock in with copper.
copper - it renders reefs useless.
g'luck.
bg

dugan

It's also important to know why your fish got sick. Were they new fish that came to you with ick, or did they develop it because of stressful conditions in your tank? What were your water parameters?
Katie

dugan

What did you use to treat? I hope you didn't put copper in a tank with LR?! As Bluegill said, copper should never go in your show tank.
Katie

jwalters77

I used Chem-Marin it says it has no copper in it...i didn't check the water after it happened. I just did a 25% water change and vacumed the substrate....I don't have any other fish in the tank right now and I just checked the water and pH was 7.8, ammonia was 0ppm, nitrate was 0ppm and nitrite was 0ppm...Do I wait for the tank to cycle again or will it pick up where it was?