2 dwarf Lions and an SFE

topofsteel

I'm planing a 55 gallon with 2 dwarf Lions. Could I keep a Snowflake eel in with them or would that be too much. I was thinking I would bury some 2" PVC for him to hide in. Thanks.

topofsteel

A Dwarf zebra lion (Dendrochirus zebra)
Unfortunitly I only have 2 AquaClear 300/70's on the tank right now. And it looks like it's the filtration that's the factor, not the size. I'm thinking I will add a HOB skimmer, possibly an underneath canister filter. Any suggestions on either of those? Thank you.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by topofsteel
Unfortunitly I only have 2 AquaClear 300/70's on the tank right now. And it looks like it's the filtration that's the factor, not the size. I'm thinking I will add a HOB skimmer, possibly an underneath canister filter. Any suggestions on either of those? Thank you.
well a skimmer thats rated for atleast double ur tank size would be sufficient. and size is a bit of a prob here, a 36" eel w/ 2 7-8" fish is a bit much in a tank thats that long

topofsteel

WOW, I wasn't aware an SFE could get that long! How fast do they grow? How big is yours and how long have you had it?

sharkboy13

WOW, I wasn't aware an SFE could get that long! How fast do they grow? How big is yours and how long have you had it?
well mines no longer w/ us but he was roughly 27" and the width of a thick sharpie, i had him 6mos and he grew quick, by week 6 he had tripled in size, he was only 4in when i got him at *****

30-xtra high

don't get a dwarf zebra.. they tend to die easily..

reefboy12

My SFE was only 13" and he died today :-( I really wanted to see him get bigger......they are really cool though.
-Kevin

topofsteel

Originally Posted by reefboy12
My SFE was only 13" and he died today :-( I really wanted to see him get bigger......they are really cool though.
-Kevin
I'm sorry to there that, how old was he, how long had you had him?

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by reefboy12
-Kevin
howd he die? sfes r nearly bomb proof