2 fish dead 3 more not looking good

akinda

i had a mandarin and a angelfish die today. then the 2 gsm clowns wernt acting right all at the same time. a hour later the mandarin got sucked to the powerhead and died my angel fish went crazy and died. and my tang looked like he was goin to have a heart attack as fast as he was breathing. my tank was dirty and i changed 30-40% of the water 2 weeks ago i also have real bad red slime algae. so i added some phos buster in yesterday. then today 3 hours after the light came on they started acting like that. my water was also real cloudy. i also put on my skimmer yesterday. any ideas on what coulda happened? one more thing before the angel died the clowns and tang started acting better. when the lights went off i turned the back one 1 hr later and my clowns started to act like they couldnt see they kept running into the rocks and wall. my big clown would chase and attack the glass scraper and when i move it now he pays no attention. could the phos buster have poisoned them or something. i only added how much it said. and i heard the stuffed worked for taking the food source of algae down.

mrmaroon

Can you tell us more about you filtration. My guess is that you have two many fish for that size of tank. If you water is cloudy, that is generally a pretty bad sign. Also, a 55g is generally to small for a tang and best of luck keeping a mandarin in that small of a tank unless it is stocked full of liverock and copepods. How long has the tank been set up and how quickly did you add the fish?

akinda

Actually they are in a 46 gal bow front but the tanges only 1.5in and the mandarin i had at frozen brine shrimp and cyclopeze had him for 4 months. and all my fish are pretty small. i have a emp 400 bio wheel filter then i added the via aqua multi skimmer they sell on this website.

akinda

tanks been setup for about 8 months and i moved it a couple times a while back but they all did ok. also i didnt do water changes for a month then i did the 30-40 perc.