2 floods yesterday! one at 11 pm last night!

goinbroke

get a call from my wife yesterday........FISH TANK SHUT OFF AND NOW I HEAR SPLASHING WATER!!!!
thank the reef gods i am a farmer and was half a mile from home and already in my truck when she called! i flew home to find water everywhere! shut off what already hasnt been tripped(GFI's).
couldnt figure what had happned
everything looked good. i slowly one at a time started resetting my outlets and plugging stuff in. everything was fine. went back to work....
wellllllll, 11pm last night i get a phone call from my wife(she is sleeping on the couch because she just had our second baby a week ago today and seperated her pelvis again doing it) anyway, i rush down from bed and the same thing is happning again! then i see it's my fuge overflowing!
moral of the story is dont throw snails in fuge! they will crawl into drain tube and block it up and cause a serious problem! i got the snail out and lost about 5 gallons of water in the process. hard lesson learned!

R

rcreations

Sorry to hear that. Same exact thing almost happened to me but I caught it in time, luckily I was home. It was a snail that got in the drain from the fuge. I learned my lesson after that... no more snails that are small enough to get in the drain. Now I buy the big Mexican snails and have drilled a secondary backup drain.