2 gal nano

superhero

hey do do u guys think that I could turn my 2 gal hex into a nano? I was thinking to put in a cleaner shrimp. What would I need because right now I just have a plain and simple airstone, should I buy a little carbon filter? I know taht the water qualit would not be vbery stable and I am ready to do bi-weekly water changes.
-tony

obarrera

Yes I think a 2g would be fine(no fish though),I will put in there a couple of hardy corals like xenia,zoanthids,etc.
Im also thinking of converting my 2.5 freshwater tank into a pico reef.
I would just get a small filter and a heater.But you do need to have time to take care of it since you would need replace evaporated water everyday depending on what kind of lightning you're going to have.It would be nice if you have a sump/reufugium for it,that would make things alot easier.

superhero

thats what I was thinking, but I dunno how to gey 10 watts inside this little lighting ficture I have. Its one of those king that you can put on top or the plastic containers. I couldnt find a pic of the lightm, but it is all black and it snaps in where the plastic "door" goes. Does anyone have a solution to more lighting?

srt80

Solution, maybe a 13 watt jalli light fixture. I think they are like 10" long....guess it depends how long your tank is. Also, a 18 watt mini aqualight, its around 9-10" long too

srt80

But, if its the 2 gallon hex liek walmart and petsmart sales, aquascene or topfin...those lights might be too long, i dont know. But, the tank shouldve hand a ligh fixture for it, that will hold a 10 watt 50/50 screw in bulb. I have one in mine....