2 gallon eclipse nano reef

ichthyologist

I was wondering if you can use a 2 gallon eclipse for a nano reef, or maybe just a small FOWLR.
Also, what fish (SINGULAR, yes I do keep saltwater fish and realize this is a microscopic tank) do you think I could keep in it. I was thinking possibly a green chromis. I would like to hear from people who either have used the eclipse system for a small SW tank, or people who use different set ups. Thanks for the help!

zackt

I had a friend who used a 2gl tank as a sump for a 55. He had a ton of LR in the 2gl... and he had one fish to my knowlege, a neon goby, it was about the size of my fingernail.

bino_98

i wouldn't suggest a green chromis as they don't do well by themselves. you usually need a shoal of 6 or more for them to thrive. however a damsel of some kind would probably make a good addition. they don't bother inverts or coral and most are very colorful. also a fire fish may be worth looking into. as far as the 2 gallon, i'm not too sure. i have heard of people doing though.

E

egg

I've got an Eclipse 12 and it's doing great. I've got it overstocked right now, but the filration is adequate for many fish beyond what it has room for.
I keep some mushroom coral, and a few anemones all with the orignal lighting fixture with no problems.
I say go for the 2 gallon, and pop in a plain old blue damsel. I don't care what anyone says, theyre active, and pretty.

diener311

I'm planning to start a 6 gallon eclipse tank. I had it lying around so I thought I'd put it to use as a seahorse tank. I have a mandarin fish in it right now. You could possibly keep one of those in the 2 gallon.

me

at my lfs there a 6gal eclipse w/ mini might lights, a grn brain, torch, and abut 3 other pieces of corals ohh and a tiny clown, it is by far the nices mini reef i've ever seen, good luck...