(2) Hitchhikers on my Birds nest

reefiness

i believe so, in nature those crabs help defend the coral from attacks from predators like lage starfish

hmmhmm

i suppose they'll eat anything that floats by? they haven't left it at all since saturday...got that piece for 35 bucks...its bigger than a baseball...and part of it broke off for a frag to grow...

speg

Are they both the same kind of crap? One looks like a porcelin crab and the other looks like just some strange crab.. maybe it sjust the pic.

hmmhmm

lol..same crap...nah they're the same type of crabs it looks like...one is a tad larger than the other...i saw a blue crab on an acro in the store...but they wanted too much for the frag...

alyssia

Originally Posted by Speg
Are they both the same kind of crap? One looks like a porcelin crab and the other looks like just some strange crab.. maybe it sjust the pic.
I think one of them looks like a porcelain crab too

viper_930

They're commonly called acro crabs and most share a symbiotic relationship with their coral host. They can't live without a host.
If their legs are smooth like the pic shows, then just leave the crabs. But if their legs are hairy then they should be removed.