2 in Clown Triggerfish

Hi I have a 2 in. clown triggerfish, witch looks great!He eats perfectly and has never had disease. Sometimes when he is out swimming for a while he starts shaking, while swimming. So then he swims barely in his shelter. Any idea what is happening?

pufferlover

It is not that unusal for a Trigger to shake a bit when excited such as feeding time. When you say it barely swims in its shelter what makes you think that is a bad thing. When settled for a nap they tend to be quite still and even will lock themselves in for the night by extending their top fin which keeps them from preditors.

No, he doesn't shake in it's shelter while it swims it shakes a lot and seems to barely swim, he shakes all the way down to his shelter, and then stays in their for a while

pufferlover

Ok then next question is how long have you had it and what is it in with. You say it eats well and I suppose it is clean as far as any spots or cloudy looking fins (I find when my Clown is ill its fins become cloudy but it is always cured with a little copper treatment).

I've had it for about a month or a month and a half, it is with a maroon clownfish like just a tad bit bigger. But, I know that the clownfish is not attacking it, because I can see occasionaly the clown trigger chasing the clown. And what do you mean by cloudy fins?

pufferlover

I agree the clown would not bother the trigger unless it had a death wish. What I meant was my clown triggers fins begin to look milky white instead of clear when it is getting ill. I have had mine for about 4 years now and this year it has been sick for the first time and both times the giveaway was its fins colors. It to never ceases to eat even when ill. Lets see what some others think might be the cause for the shaking it is doing.

@knight

might get better responses in the agressive forum. but i wish you luck.
BTW, How big is your tank?
[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: @knight ]