2 questions... answer them NOW!!!...please :)

royal gang

im sorry then
i dunno, those things come out naturally lol just keep in mind that every time(which i wont be saying as much anymore) i say something like that it is no harm, just sarcasm

royal gang

Originally Posted by ScubaGuy
He/She told me once his/her age is 14.
As to your question water movement, heater, and water changes. Hope this helps.
sshhhhh!! thanks for answer all :hilarious

inawe

Frankly, RG, if you are this young, I applaud your initiative to learn more. Not very many teens would take the time to fool with fish, much less learn by asking questions! I'll agree, you could work on your people skills, but who couldn't?! Don't stop asking questions just because your hand was spanked
. Just learn from it and move on! Good luck.
teacher in tx

hot883

Originally Posted by inawe
Just learn from it and move on! Good luck.
teacher in tx
Thats just the problem, he has not learned from his past threads and or posts that got deleted because of his attitude, sarcasm, harrassment and sometimes just uncontrolled, unintelligeable miss-use of the English language.

inawe

I appreciate where you are coming from...I just recently joined, and have a lot to learn about the hobby. As a newcomer, this was the first time I saw RG use really poor judgement in word choice, not to say he hasn't before - with 679 posts, he/she has certainly had the opportunity. As the posting continued, 1journeyman did a nice job with reprimand - pointed out the problem, and showed the correct way for future posts. To learn from a mistake, you need to know what that mistake was and how to fix it. According to RG, this was natural for him/her, and it may very well be, however, it's not an appropriate tone in this or most situations. Most of us know this and take for granted everyone does. But the fact is, many people often aren't aware of the need to change their tone based on the circumstance and come across as brash and rude.
As for my comment, I simply meant "learn from the mistake, take the advice on politeness, and move on." I did not mean to offend you or anyone else.

hot883

Originally Posted by inawe
I appreciate where you are coming from...I just recently joined, and have a lot to learn about the hobby. As a newcomer, this was the first time I saw RG use really poor judgement in word choice, not to say he hasn't before - with 679 posts, he/she has certainly had the opportunity. As the posting continued, 1journeyman did a nice job with reprimand - pointed out the problem, and showed the correct way for future posts. To learn from a mistake, you need to know what that mistake was and how to fix it. According to RG, this was natural for him/her, and it may very well be, however, it's not an appropriate tone in this or most situations. Most of us know this and take for granted everyone does. But the fact is, many people often aren't aware of the need to change their tone based on the circumstance and come across as brash and rude.
As for my comment, I simply meant "learn from the mistake, take the advice on politeness, and move on." I did not mean to offend you or anyone else.
No, I agree with you. But he does not care to listen to others and keeps up his poor attitude.
He is being watched very closely by ALL the SHARKS here. This is a great place and I do not want to see him leave, get mad or worse get banned. Hopefully he can start to control his thoughts. Barry

salt_water

I dont get how you can have posted almost 700 entries and have silly questions such as tank setup and simple rock curing. Anyways...

trainfever

Originally Posted by hot883
Your post was deleted because it is viewed as possibly wanting to start trouble.
Yes this person needs to mature or atleast act that way; and until he does he will not be getting alot of help.
If a poster or thread bothers you, please pass it up or simply add that person to your ignore list.
We try to run a fun and educating forum and when we get notified of potential trouble or posts that could end up that way, we do what we can to stop it. Hope you understand. Barry
No, I wasnt trying to start trouble. I was merely pointing out that if he asks questions or acts in a rude way, that he wont be getting much help. Pretty much the same thing you do.

bill109

Originally Posted by salt_water
I dont get how you can have posted almost 700 entries and have silly questions such as tank setup and simple rock curing. Anyways...
let me say something to tht.. POST NUMBERS DONT MEAN ANYTHING!!!

you could be posting in the aquarium section or gettgin tips then when you buy everything ask more questions to set it up.
we are all hear to learn so its better to ask a question then not ask it at all resulting in a death.
im sorry to flame you but i see that all the time and it anoys me.. idont know why but it does.

anyways god luck with this thread
and to all a good night.

bill109

Originally Posted by salt_water
So I wont assume anything from your, Posts: 1,173.

ohh we have a wise guy on our hands huh?

i have posted a bunch of times before i set up my tank and asked quetions when it was cycling and setting up

BTW 1,176!

hot883

Royal Gang, I am locking this thread as it is not talking about your questions of live rock and you have not replied in many posts. Barry