2 things still wondering

kathy18

Ok i posted about a week ago about my cup coral not opening and its been about 2 weeks now since i bought it and it just wont open. at the LFS it wasnt open either but i bought it anyways b/c it was cheap because the guy was relocating. anyways i dont know why it wont open. the skeleton still has the beige coloring and no dead spots on the skeleton so im guessing its alive, and it doesnt smell either. what is going on? could the polyps be dead?
2nd: i posted also before about that i couldnt find my nudibranch, well its been about a week and i still cant find him. hes not in the sump and since they are toxic when they die something would be wrong with my tank but its not. do you think its still in there?
thanks in advance

reef fool

My cup coral flipped over on top of my flower pot gonopora and must have gotten stressed out. It didn't open for about 10 days or so after that. I believe this is common when they are new or become stressed.

kathy18

how about my nudi? and is it possible for the cup to never open? like could the polyps be dead? is that possible?

kathy18

wel i have a lot of LR so im guessing hes in there. he cant be dead because hes been missing for a week and i woulve noticed a change in the tank right?

kathy18

it was a lettuce nudi. how do i know if it died or not then? arent they supposed to be very hardy? there is plenty of algae there for him. and no its not a sun coral. its a pagoda cup coral

ironreef

you may need more current on the cup. Look at night the polyps may open at night. The nudi can dissapear= die without any ill affects to your tank