2 X 55 PC Hood For Sale

ak_reefer

I have a 2X55 watt Power Compact Hood for sale. This is a complete hood. It has only been used for 4 months. The measurements are 30 inches long X 7 1/2 inches wide, and 3 1/2 inches high. It also has dual power switches for a dawn/dusk look. It comes with 1 bulb a 10k bulb. I broke the 7100k actinic bulb. I am asking 80.00 for it buyer also to pay shipping. I will cover insurance and delivery confirmation. I also have a 2X65 watt ballast for 25.00. This is a bare bones ballast. Thanks. If you have any questions email me at ak_reefer@yahoo.com .

ags

A couple of questions:
1. Can the 2X55 be taken out of the hood? What brand is the ballast?
2. What brand is the ballast of the 2X55? Electronic or Magnetic?
Any more info would help but I am interested.

ak_reefer

It is a complete hood and you could take it apart but it would be a lot of work. You would have to add wire extensions and all. But I guess it could be done if you are savy with electronics. The 2X65 watt ballast is electronic and is made by a company called Robertson Inc. HTH

beattyr

For those looking to take it apart... I bought the same light a few months back and disassembled it to build my MH/PC hood. It came apart fairly easy and its an electronic ballast type.
Ask away if you have any questions.
Rob

beattyr

Originally posted by Lurch694u
beattyr
I have a JBJ power compact hood. Is it possible to take that apart??

If its the same type as the one in the previously attached picture, yes. You just need to take the end caps off and then gently slide/separate the interlocking pieces of metal. You will also need to drillout, or otherwise remove the rivets holding the reflector in place.
Rob

aileena

I am interested in this PC light if its still for sale. Can you send another pic though since I tried to look at the last one and my computer went nuts.