20 gal stock list?

Y

yoshii

Hello all

I'm setting up a 20gal tank, which will be a reef tank, and I'm wondering if this stock list will be ok:
(They will be put into the tank in this order too)
1x Yellow Clown Goby
1x Ocellaris Clownfish
1x Black&White Ocellaris Clownfish
(I'm hoping these two will host a branching frogspawn)
1x Yellow-tail Blue Damsel
The damsel is supposed to be the most peaceful of the damsels, however I have heard that it is better to keep only one, but I have also heard it it better to keep a group of 3+ to keep down aggression. Which one is correct?
Thanks,
Christina

hollisterchick

i was told that different clown fishes don't get along with one another unless they are tank bred.... clowns and damsels are alike so they will get along... however... since they are aggressive fish they might stress out the yellow clown goby and cause him to jump... hope this helps.. :)
oh and i tried the clown gobies... unsuccessful with lots of fish.. was always stressed out when other fish (non-aggressive) swam by. and my tank is a 30gal.

noah's nemo

stratch the yellow tail.In a 20 you are very limited. I would just go with the 2 clowns,if put in together they should be fine.

srfisher17

Yeah, you'll regret the day you got that little yellow-tailed monster. Two clowns, of the same species (color doesn't matter) will usually form a pair---as long as they are still young and sexually immature. Two grown females will usually kill each other. Many LFS have a tank of juvis being kept together, 2 from that tank should work. If you insist on the 2 color varieties, just be sure they are about the same size and small. Just my opinion; but I think pairs of clowns look much more natural when they are the same color variety. BTW, most juvi clowns sold now are tank bred and will seldom host anything; but there are exceptions.

Y

yoshii

Thanks for all the replies :)
The clown goby is kinda a must, I have him in my 55gal right now, but he's so tiny he has a hard time getting food, so I figured moving him into a smaller tank would help, and I wouldnt have to dump extra food in the tank so he can eat.
Yeah, I kinda figured the damsel wouldnt be a good idea, that's ok, I make up for it in coral :Laughing:
My LFS usually only has juvis, or larger pairs. I want to get the clowns put in at the same time, I'll make sure to get them young and small. But the only B&W clowns my LFS usually gets are the aussie ones(with a more faded black) while I prefer the pitch black ones.
Well, thank you for all the help, I know I'm going to scratch the damsel, I'm happy with the others