20 Gallon Build

jwagne267

Ok, so another misfortunate thign happened......a one in a million shot from a picture(which was framed) hit the pvc pipe on the back of the aquarium and cracked the glass started spewing water but I was able to put everything in my old 12 gallon that was sitting in the closet. As I was drianing water and taking rocks out I could see the glass starting to bow outward and leak evwen more as there was huge crack running from the back left to the right side of the back wall........such a bad day but at least I only have to replace the top tank and all inhabitants were safe. Crappy but kinda lucky, if I wasnt there I would have come home to glass, saltwater and my precious fishy and inverts on my floor.
P.S. This is what I woke up to.....thought maybe it was a dream for a second.

flricordia

Originally Posted by jwagne267
http:///forum/post/2764797
Ok, so another misfortunate thign happened......a one in a million shot from a picture(which was framed) hit the pvc pipe on the back of the aquarium and cracked the glass started spewing water but I was able to put everything in my old 12 gallon that was sitting in the closet. As I was drianing water and taking rocks out I could see the glass starting to bow outward and leak evwen more as there was huge crack running from the back left to the right side of the back wall........such a bad day but at least I only have to replace the top tank and all inhabitants were safe. Crappy but kinda lucky, if I wasnt there I would have come home to glass, saltwater and my precious fishy and inverts on my floor.
P.S. This is what I woke up to.....thought maybe it was a dream for a second.
That sucks. 20 longs are not too expensive though. Maybe go with a 1" bulkhead next time too and there will be a bit less stress on that thin a glass. Was starting to look like an great setup though.

jwagne267

So everythign is finally back to normal, got the new tank in place. I have to go quickly but I had one question. I bought this and the store old me it was a BTA and I just dont know. Can you guys give me your opinions. Some times it loooks like a BTA and sometimes it doesn't but it could just be bc it is new and getting used to everything. I'll up load the photos in an hour or so bc I have to run.

jwagne267

First few are of the anemone. Let me know what you guys think it is and how much it should've cost.
Second few are just new tank shots so you guys can see how I changed it up a bit. And yes I know there is some hair algae in the middle.....currently being taken care of.

jwagne267

So I am wondering on what other fish to get for my tank.
Current stock list is
1 yellow watchman goby
2 emerald crabs
1 BTA
1 Sea Hare
1 Red mushroom
I am thinking about getting
1-2 Oscellaris Clown(s)
1 Pygmy Angel
1 Royal Gramma
More Coral (need Suggestions)
1-2 peppermint shrimp
1-2 Sexy Shrimp
1 Porcelain Crab
1 Boxer Crab
Open for suggestions and I know I can't get it all.
Just let me know what ya'll think about this stuff.

small triggers

Hair algae plus cyno, i think you need more flow, not another fish right now :) then, i would say the royal gramma and maybe a citron goby

jwagne267

I know that already....thanks for the obvious. I said that in the earlier post with the pics that its being taken care of.

jwagne267

New stuff!!
So I got some new stuff one being a friend for my clown and now they are hosting the anemone together. I guess my clown just needed a friend to host with. NEW Current stock list is
1 Yellow watchman goby
2 Emerald crabs
1 BTA
1 Sea Hare
1 Red mushroom
2 Oscellaris Clownfish
1 Pencil Urchin
2 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Crocea Clam
1 Cleaner Shrimp
2 Hawaiin Feather Dusters
Not going to get anything new for a while. Want to see how everything blends and I also enjoy my tank alot right now.
I will post pictures as soon as I can get my hands on my gfs camera.

mboswell1982

that tank is looking very very sweet man, after seeing it, well, im kinda wanting to do a small 20 gallon reef tank like that LOL but it does look sweet as all get out, good job on everything man

jwagne267

And finally the stars of the show...hence my name on here clownfish kid...and I'm done too I'll stop being so picture crazy, let me know what you guys think!

iyachtuxivm

Tank looks great! I worry about the crocea and bta under just t5s. If you have the $ try upgrading to a MH unit. IMOP, wonderful tank good luck!