-15lbs of tonga liverock
-15lbs of live sand
-2 types of zoanthids
-2 mushrooms
-1 ricordea
-10 nassarius snail
-10 cerith snail
-6 red legged hermits
-1 1.5 inch unknown hermit(maybe you can I.D. it)
-Featherduster
-Alot of tiny worms
-A hitchiker crab(I.D. please)
-Peppermint shrimp
-Serpent brittle star
-White tunicates
-Many other hitchiker...
-2 A. ocellaris
-1 firefish
-1 bicolor blenny
-1 yellow watchman goby
-Cheatos
-Gracilaria
-Bubble algae
-Caulerpa
Lights: 9a.m. actinics on
10a.m. halide on
10p.m. halide off
11p.m. actinics off
I feed a custom blend which consist of:
-Frozen cyclops
-Frozen reef plankton
-Frozen brine
-Frozen mysis
-Vitamin C
-Calcium
-Garlic juice
My tank also had alot of pods and worms so sometimes my fishes eat some of these.
I will post pics very soon.
I am getting 2 bubble tip anemones and 2 featherdusters.
I was thinking of adding a clam or two and which type of hard corals do you guys suggest? Tell me what you think of my setup! Thanks!

coastie5685

eek i think your pushing your bioload on that tanka tad. its a 20 gallon. i would go with only one bubble tip nem. no more fish. and hard corals you can do just about anything with that much light on a 20 gal. monti, acro.. just becareful of placement. lps and softies might sting sps

ocyoo

First picture: unknown invert probably a mantis shrimp, ID would help.
Second: Yellow watchman goby with the: Don't mess with me! Face lol
Third: pods closeup
Fourth: My feather duster
Fifth: firefish.
If it's a mantis, should I keep it in the tank? It's only 1 inch long.

ocyoo

Just added a yuma, more gsp(these are very green!), green bta and some babylonia snails. By the way, are babylonia snails reefsafe? Please help me with these snails!

ocyoo

Oh and one more question, how come I get black cyano 4 month after my initial setup? I do not overfeed, maybe 12 hours of MH is too much.

aquaguy24

looks like a mantis...u could keep it but u have to set up a species only tank..with ls and lr rubble...dependin on wat kind it is will determine wat size tank u can put it in..if u don't want to keep it, im pretty sure someone on here will want it..btw sweet tank...looks like u got everyting down...but carefull on the bioload like others have stated.

worrballer

Originally Posted by ocyoo
http:///forum/post/3069698
Oh and one more question, how come I get black cyano 4 month after my initial setup? I do not overfeed, maybe 12 hours of MH is too much.
12 hrs is a lot, try 10 or 8. And upgrade your filtration ASAP. You have a 3 heavy eaters in there (clowns and firefish) that would explain the algae.
Oh ya, and get more flow in that tank too. 2 Koralia nanos or 1 Koralia 1 would be fine, suspend the nutrients in the water so the filters you have can collect them.
Otherwise good setup
, a little overboard on lighting for 20 gallons but that is my opinion.
And toss the mantis if you can't find someone who wants it. Unless, like aquaguy said, you can set up another tank.

ocyoo

Originally Posted by WorrBaller
http:///forum/post/3069717
12 hrs is a lot, try 10 or 8. And upgrade your filtration ASAP. You have a 3 heavy eaters in there (clowns and firefish) that would explain the algae.
Oh ya, and get more flow in that tank too. 2 Koralia nanos or 1 Koralia 1 would be fine, suspend the nutrients in the water so the filters you have can collect them.
Otherwise good setup
, a little overboard on lighting for 20 gallons but that is my opinion.
And toss the mantis if you can't find someone who wants it. Unless, like aquaguy said, you can set up another tank.
Thanks! I was thinking of a Vortech MP10 or 2 Koralia Nanos for the current, I didn't know that firefishes were big eaters lol!

ocyoo

Originally Posted by aquaguy24
http:///forum/post/3069712
looks like a mantis...u could keep it but u have to set up a species only tank..with ls and lr rubble...dependin on wat kind it is will determine wat size tank u can put it in..if u don't want to keep it, im pretty sure someone on here will want it..btw sweet tank...looks like u got everyting down...but carefull on the bioload like others have stated.
I might just add 1 diamond goby to sift my sand and make holes for my yellow watchman. The mantis is gone... I gave it away, I don`t have uch space right now to have a second tank. Thanks for the info!

worrballer

Originally Posted by ocyoo
http:///forum/post/3069817
Thanks! I was thinking of a Vortech MP10 or 2 Koralia Nanos for the current, I didn't know that firefishes were big eaters lol!
MP10 would rock but the 2 Koralias would be cheaper.
Compared to your bicolor and yellow watchman they are. Carnivores usually have messier poop too.

aquaguy24

I'd go with vortech's for looks, performance and options. I have a K. #2 in my 24g and it looks huuuge. Have checked out tunze nanostream