200 gal pics

N

nanoambiance

ALmarktool
BEAUTIFUL TANK! MAN . . . WHY NOT ME :)
2 quick questions before the drool messes up my keyboard.
1. Do your Sailfin or Hawaiian Tangs fight much, because aren't they both zebramosa genus?
2. What brand tank is that setup, or is it a custom job?
AWESOME TANK. AWESOME . . .

almarktool

The Tank is a Oceanic RR 200
The Tangs all get along fine
There is no flame hawk in there
4 clowns ( pair true pair false 2 large anemones )
1 Dragon Wrasse
1 Coral Beauty Angel
1 Royal Gramma
1 Diamond Gobie
1 Blue Head Jawfish
1 Hamlet
1 Mandrian
5 Green Chromis
1 Fox Face
1 Dwarf Lion
1 Emperator Angel
1 Yellow Tang
2 Blue Hippo Tangs
1 Sailfin Tang
1 Sohal Tang
Every one gets along fine up untill feeding time at that point some of them will start chasing each other but only last a min or so while they are fighting for food

lovethesea

Has the fox face caused any problems. I have read where they can be a little scarey to the tank as far as venom? I think they are neat looking fish though.

almarktool

Fox face has been no trouble at all , I actually had a mated pair of them unfort the emperator had a issue with one of them and chased it out the tank one day i wasn't there and he died of carpet burns

jacksonpt

In the first pic... what's the lavender stuff in front of what appears to be the hammer coral and below/left of the rust colored softie?

R

royalshrimp

is that a meroon on the second pic? if so, have there been pfoblems with the perculas?

almarktool

Royal Shrimp,
Yes u can see the big female which is a real dark colored maroon ans well as the lighter colored maroon which is in the anemone they are on there side of the tank and the true's are on the other side no one crosses the centerline of the tank except the big maroon , and she's the boss of the whole tank so she has decided to let them live in the other corner go figure,
I had that maroon take out a full sized adult emperator long time ago ,
she leaves the juv one alone now go figure

seaguru

Hi,
Awesome setup... am planning my 500g dream tank. Have not had a complete reef up to this point... only FOWLR due to my love of fish, but my wife (the Admiral) likes corals so our ultimate tank will be a full reef... but I love angels, currently own a french and emperor.
Wondering when you added your emperor (how many inches in size) as it seems that you don't have problems... was your previous Imp in this tank too? an adult?!!! and it didn't bother anything either?
Thanks, Joe.

almarktool

sea,
yes this angel has given me -0- problems been in there about 4 months or more now ,
I had a 10" adult one and had no trouble with that either because my 3" maroon clown killed him in about 5 days flat ,
the coral beauty i have had 2 years no problem there either,
now i did use to have a flme angel one of my favorites but he was in a 75 gall tank and ate about $250.00 worth of corals in a week which is why i don't have one of those anymore ,
moral of story i would go very light with a reef tank in beging get all your fish situated then start add more expensive corals etc , once all those corals are in u are not going to get them out that easy
Good Luck
Mark