2000 Gallon Project has begun...

aquaobsess

After many months of planning construction has begun on my new 2000 gallon system. I am a custom tank buider so luckily the tank can be constructed right on the stand saving alot of headaches.Details:
Main Tank-
126x72x32
Sumps-
x 3 under stand
Refugium-
Gravity Fed into tank
Frag tanks-
2 x 48x30x16
Pics-
Pre Construction:

Another Angle:

Floor Drain:

Another:

Finally Finished:

More pics to come soon....
I still have lots of questions and decisions regarding equipment. Im hoping many of you here can share your experiences and help me to make wise decisions on this investment.
Thanks!

bigarn

WOW..... I think you should speak with Steve Weast or Requium about this! Awesome plan ... I hope it all works out for you, and keep us posted. :D

ssweet1

oh my God it is going to be huge, what are you planning to keep in there Free Willy?? Gravity fed refugium? What size I am wondering like maybe 8-900 gallons? Geeze this makes Bang's lagoon tank look a kiddie pool. We will definately be following this post!! Good Luck Carrie

A

andretti

God I hate people like you (just kidding)
I know I could build something like that but I just don't have the kuhunas. PLEASE keep us posted of your progress and please tell us what type of materials you've used and how much it co$t. Thanks

X

xnikki118x

Search isn't being kind to me today, and I have to ask...
Why have I never seen any pictures of Bang's lagoon?!?!

aquaobsess

Work is progressing at a slower rate than I had hoped...but it is moving forward. Progress pics-
Wallboarding moving along:

Another:

Walls going up-

One more:

Humidity Control Installed...

I knew when I started this project that humidity would play a huge role and its control was essential. Over the past couple weeks I have spent alot of time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ installing what I feel will alleviate any damage to my home.
Both of these units are dedicated to the tank room. These will not only take the humidity outside but will save on heating costs. This room will be nice and cool in the summer to make maintenance a little more comfortable.
Equipment:

Lifebreath 200 Max- HRV
and
LG 2 tonne Air Conditioner....PICS
HRV AND A/C installed:

HRV System- Lifebreath 200 MAX

Ducting and Vents:

A/C inside:

A/C Outside:

All comments/suggestions are welcome and appreciated :)

cjason3041

so what do you plan to keep in there???? i wouldn't overload a tank that small.... maybe a mated pair of clowns...and a goby or 2.... but take it easy................... seriously...WOW 2000 gals.... :eek: i am so jealous!!!! please keep us posted where do you live.. i would LOVE to help....free.... if you are close :D

dragonboy

Nice project I always wanted to do a project like that with the designing and planning thats one of the fun part in the process of building it. Can't wait to see how it will turn out and post up as much picture as you can I want to see all the details hehe...

stuckinfla

Where is this located, converted garage or addition. This looks like a very interesting project. How long do you think it will take, and when are the dive trips starting :happyfish

shawnts106

LOL, welcome to SWF.com HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes this is going to be some more kinda' project!!! cant wait to see the final results!

reefreak

Aqua,
Check out the site on the link attached. This guy put in a 600 gal reef. Not as big as your plans but in the construction area there are some really good ideas and suggestions. Hopefully this will help. Maybe give you some good ideas.

http://www.rockcanyon.com/reef/

aquaobsess

Thanks for the link!
Anyone with comments on lighting, closed loop designs, and any other info on a tank this size.
I have thoughts on how I am going to do things...but always open for suggestions.
Please feel free:)

diadema

I assume with it being shallow it's a reef?
God help you my friend...
Assuming you're going SPS:
I figure 15 400W MH - go with a 14k bulb so you don't have to supplement
Run a couple of 2hp pumps with eductors for the closed loop. with a third 2HP or so on a large 200+ gallon surge (with 4" or more output).
based on these above suggestions - you're looking at $800 a month for electricity.
Then you'll need a skimmer pump, heater, etc, etc etc.....
Did you buy stock in your local electricity co-op?