20g long build post

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzlambert http:///t/393384/20g-long-build-post#post_3500941
Thank you. From what I have read, the coral is placed in the right spots:)
I don't see any problems so far. Usually if I see a definite problem I will let you know right off the bat.
Your doing great - just keep it SLOW. You are enjoying success now, but it might change on you pretty quickly. When it happens, don't get discouraged. It will be time to learn from your mistakes.

sweatervest13

I love the LR you picked up. SO purple!!
Keep up the good work. I agree with Snake. Keep the 75g and turn it into SW. You can make a stand that looks better.. Or get Snake to make one for you (Probably too far away, but he builds nice stands).

mzlambert

Thank you sweatervest. The Hubby already sold the 75. We decided a 55 and a 20 are all we need in our small apartment. I am already not going to have a place for a christmas tree lol. But I do love my sw tank and Hubby loves his 55 catfish tank. We are content, for now

mzlambert

day.... hmmm.. idk..
we have 2 new coral (bubble tip anemone and frog spawn) and one banded coral shrimp
everything is doing great. i am thinking of investing in another actinic bulb so the coral "glows".. would that be okay to run 2 of those instead of one actinic and one daylight bulb like i am now? or would they need another form of lighting with the actinic lights?

snakeblitz33

Corals need daylight as well as actinics. If you want a more blue look, you add more blue bulbs than white bulbs. Don't go strictly blue bulbs, or else corals don't get the entire spectrum that they need to thrive. If anything, invest in a better fixture with four bulbs instead.
Looking good. Remember, those anemones need a lot of light! So, investing in a better fixture and brand name bulbs... (ATI or UVL brand) will keep your new anemone and corals happy.

mzlambert

Today we got a marineland led moonlight fixture. We are going to keep our daylight on and just use the moonlight fixture when we want to see everything glow. Both fixtures fit perfectly on the tank

fishhead80

Nice tank so far, but I agree with snake. Take it slow and I would invest in a better light fixture soon. Anenome need lots of lights, stable water parameters and an establish tank of at least six months.

mzlambert

We got the marineland fixture. It has regular light and moon light. We keep it and the Coralife fixture we already had on. We keep them on for at least 8 hours

snakeblitz33

Alright! That's great that you got more light on your tank.
Keep it slow and steady. Stocking too heavily too quickly can crash a tank faster than anything.

snakeblitz33

glad to hear. It's all coming along really well!
Do those water changes and use that turkey baster! Keeping a record book or some kind of monthly planner about additions and water changes will also help you in your hobby experience.