20Long mixed reef with Pics

saltyvt

Most of the rock and corals are over a year old from other tanks, i just never had enough room for more then one fish in my 8. I will be picking out a few new friends soon1
Thanks!

bjoe23

all i can say is WOW!

I have a 29 up now (1 month old)
i have a 20L under it with nothin in it. i dont no wat i should do with it. you made a strong case for another SW tank

saltyvt

Just bought a SCWD and two U-Tube returns. I plan on make a nice little closed loop. I have a Rio 2500 left over from a pervious tank, it runs at 796GPH so it should be perfect for this project, this will eliminate the power head from the tank, I need to condense my heaters to one, and that should remove everything from sight in the display tank!!!!

saltyvt

Well completed my Closed loop with SCWD. Works great, bit of pain piping but worth it. Also picked up a nice ORS blue digi, pics to follow!!!

saltyvt

Update!
So heres a new FTS, plus some shot of my german blue/green. The camera is acting up, it washed out the FTS, and isn't showing the blue in the frag. Everything is doing well, I am having an out break of algae, partly due to the location in the room, near the window. I am going to invest in more CUC to take care of it. While cleaning the other day I accidently "fragged" my monti, so I attached it to another rock. The closed loop is doing well, creates a really good flow. I found a pair of nudibranch. They are brown in color, with little furry antenna. So Far I have watched them closely, they don't both with corals, they spend most their time on the glass cruzing around. Will oust them if I see any problems.

brandon7491

that acro looks more like a blue tort than a german. n e ways i would dispose of the nudis because they could be monti eating nudis and i bet u dont wanna lose that monti. if u can try and post a pic here or on -- then we can identify it. great looking tank though man keep up the good work and those steady params

saltyvt

Your right, i mixed up the names, it is a ORA Blue tort. Thanks! I will snap a photo of the nudibranch, I tried looking through pics, but got tired after the 10th page, with over 3000 species its a pain to look up.

saltyvt

Well today was test day. Realized my Calc was 750!!!! Yikes!!! So I will be backing off the calcium. Alk is 3.5 and Ph was low at 8.1. Everything is doing well despite my readings. Updates soon!

saltyvt

Thanks! couldn't resist that avatar, haven't seen other with it......... yet. So I have been bringing my calcium down slowly, its now at 550, close to normal again. I picked up some GSP for cheap, and reserved a pair of black ORA clowns for after the holidays. FTS when I can pull myself off the couch. I am on Vacation and have no plans on leaving my couch other then to refresh my cocktail.........

saltyvt

Hooray!! I finally slowly brought my Calcium down to ~490. Tomorrow I will do a 5 gallon water change and restart my new and improved dosage procedures. Now I have an out break of algae due to my high calc.

vti eg6

How hard is it to maintain? im looking to set one up within the next few weeks.
People at the LFS kept on bullshitting me to purchase a 35G+
Tank....
Any help is appreciated.

J

jrthomas40

thats a good lookin tank...did you stay with the T5's or the MH...i never seen a T5 look so good...