210 Gal. stock List

aw2x3

My Blue Line is with a 30" Whitemouth and a 32" female Hawaiian Dragon Moray...I've never once had a problem. I've had my Whitemouth for over 2 years and my Dragon for over 1.5 years and they've been kept with everything from Triggers to Lions.
My Blue Line has gotten to the point of where he'll now sleep right next to the Whitemouth, both sharing the same cave.
Email me at garnera80@hotmail.com

shawnlx86

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll post some picks when its set up, i just finished cleaning the tank and stand a few minutes ago. it was pretty nasty, on the bright side there wasn't a scratch to be found, amazing seeing how the previous owners have had a reef for a few years, and it was running just prior to me buying it, so I shouldnt have to worry about it leaking (but I will fill it while its in the garage, just to be on the safe side) The people were moving so the lfs I bought it from took everything right out of their house:corals,fish,lr,ls,ps,tank,stand,top,etc...Good deal for the people moving,LFS and me!!!

H

handfeed

Now let me see if i got this right AW2x3, your a grouper with a dragon and white mouth eel and i seem to remember you saying you had the dragon a year not too long ago and now you had it for a year and a half?
I was scouting the forums here before i sign up >>
You will however take note that there be quite some differences from one the two eels Shawn wish to own to the eels you have, way much a difference indeed ;)
For as the Miniatus Grouper as most groupers go, they prey on eels as well. Of course you are however entitled to your opinion as it is but must however say that with the stocking list for his 210 and even if that grouper only grows 12", it still be a problem in time when the fish in his tank matures and grow.
I'm not surprised however that both your eels sharing the same lair for still will they have some minor confrontations when feeding or so. Its not to say that they would never take a bite of the other.
For also Shawn, grouper species for the most part they lurk to ambush their prey or to chase away unwanted guess
Like your eels or the grouper, don't they test one another at times?

titan

I agree to an extent the Harley, Blue-Throat, and Foxface could be in jepordy. If the Miniatus is not regularly/adequately fed they could turn to tankmates. I've seen photos of these fish swallowing 8-10" fish; eventhough they themselves grow to about 16". I'm basing my opinion on a fully grown grouper.