210g Things with Stings tank.

cranberry

Well, we are currently trying to get a wall divider tank before we move into the new place next month. This is going to be for the medium scorps when it's all done and said.

The measurements are 84"L x 24" T and 24" deep. The stand will be around 36" tall.
We are still working on equipment and plumbing ideas. This is one heck of a challenge flow wise because of the dimensions/peninsula and the fact we won't be using any powerheads.
I've gotten a quote for the acrylic tank but won't order it until the stand outline is completely up. It would suck to order a 84" tank to find my wood cuts are off and the stand only ends up being 83" O.O I would love to have a glass tank.... but the earthquakes.... I'm not that brave.

mrdc

Nice artwork Picasso!

JK, I look forward to seeing your setup when it's all done!
What's up with the "X" over the fire place?

cranberry

The first guy to go in. He has become one of my favs. I thought he was going to die when I first got him because he was loaded with flukes. After some treatment and food conditioning, he's all better. I'm very pleased because his colouring is exceptional and he would have been difficult to replace. He's been in a 10g for quite some time now and I'm sure he'll be very excited to get a chance to spread his "wings".

cranberry

Originally Posted by mrdc
http:///forum/post/3286442
Nice artwork Picasso!

JK, I look forward to seeing your setup when it's all done!
What's up with the "X" over the fire place?
LOL... You like my drawing? Can you believe I went to an art school. LOL!
The fireplace is UGLY.... and is no more.

Those things to the right were the old built-in entertainment center.... You can see it in the picture below.

The kitchen has been painted and is drying as we speak. Then all the appliances get slide back in place. We got all new appliances for the kitchen. They are super cool. But the kitchen will be redone soon... I can't stand the cupboards. But tank first... then new kitchen... I have my priorities straight.

cranberry

Still freaking painting!
We're making our own door knobs for the stand. Here's the first one.... is a Palau coin.

cranberry

It's still on some of the front room walls . We have to do that together because the walls are so steep. That's this weekend. I can't wait.
A lot of time was spent staining the fireplace surrounds. It's quite the process to do it right!

al&burke

Hi Cranberry, Your new place looks very nice, what a great place for a tank. This is just my 2 cents but i would think maybe of taking the half wall right out, build your stand to go around the wall and corner, from the end that is against the wall that juts out you could have all your plumbing and electrical. This is just my 0.02 - it will give you alot of room for a sump and the tand would look the same from all three sides. Might give you a little more room to make it bigger from front to back. Good luck, I am just new to this hobby and i look forward to seeing what you do.
Al

G

gwhunter

On the "other" forum they're dying for an update as well.
Matt

cranberry

I think I updated there.
I really had no idea it was going to take me this long to finish project #1 to move onto the stand. Can't do it the same time because of the saw dust. Dang it!

G

gwhunter

What happen to my post? Anyways this looks like it's going to be an amazing build.
Matt

S

saxman

The plumbing on this project is going to be "different", as all of our other projects have had a "back" wall rather than an "end" wall. Just when we thought we had "the formula" down...