220 gallon tank

holmer

Hey how are you guys, ive been reading this message board for a while now, i just registered. i have a question it sounds kinda silly but, here it goes, i have a 220 gallon tank thats been cycling for a rough month now, i have a marble cat shark i really want to put in it, how long should i wait? its got about 50 pounds of live sand and roughly 15 pounds of live rock, dont want alot of rock because i want to be able to see the shark. i have a couple of damsels in there now. i have 3 other tanks but i really want to get the shark in the big one soon, but i dont wanna kill her. thanx for the help.

eslowfiddy

Reguardless of the size of your tank, you should get a GOOD test kit. Measure amonia, nitrites and SG. That's the best way to tell if you're really done cycling or not. A good therometer for $4 is a great investment too.
-E

splash1914

dont be scared... after you test your water and are sure it has cycled add the shark and wait to add any more fish for a few weeks to let the bio load catch up....

tvan

Where did you get a marble catshark??? And do they have any more???? And what would the phone number or website be???
So many questions so little time.
regards
Tom

S

sebae0

definately test your water first dont rush it you'll only be sorry in the end.

holmer

i would first like to thank you guys on the feed back, i havent put her in the tank yet, i still have to test water and im a little nervous. i bought the shark near baltimore, (randalstown ) its called the aqurium center, this was the third one i saw i wasnt going to get it but..... i wanted one so. she just started eating fresh shrimp from the store but we order ghost shrimp by the box. Tom i am going up there tommorow i can check i dont have the # off hand but i will check for you and get you the # thanx again guys.

holmer

Tom they just got a marble shark in tonight, the #is 410-521-4529 its called the aquirium center.