24" corallife light fixtures

1990jpyj

ok so i am buying 3 used coralife light fixture that are 24" long. they all need complete new bulbs. i was wondering what type of lights i should be getting.
i plan on using these as a temp solution, for my 55g and my 20g for the time being.
they are 30 watts each fixture, 2 bulbs at 15w each.
i have been looking at the mount. site but in not 100% sure what to really look for. as far as brand goes.
i would like 1 antic and 1 daylight bulb. if that helps
as always thanks for any help.
***** also sells some bulbs that probly would work. are they any good? i think the brand is SunPack or something

atrialfib22

I would maybe opt for the Current USA Nova Extreme T5 24' fixture for the 20g. It comes with 2x24W 10K daylights and 2x24 460nm actinics.
Of course this all depends on what you are considering having in your tanks.
As a general rule, I would consider CF as a last resort...with T5s and halides as the prefered type of lights. Again, it depends on what you wanna keep as the halides can be considerably more expensive and more heat inefficient than the T5s.
Maybe you can give some more details as to what you envision for your fish tank?...tell us if you wanna keep corals, and if so, what type (LPS, SPS, etc). Any clams? you know...all that good stuff.

1990jpyj

i found the lights on CL if $20ea so im not really complaining. at this point and time. money was a little tight and i needed 2 for me and my gf's lil bro need a new light for his FW so he got a newish light. i was really trying to find out what i could really keep in the tanks at this point in time.
in the future i plan on:
10g with the nova pro extreame xena's, zoos, frogsawn
20g with MH's w/ antics and a small anem.,zoos,xena, i think
but thats my goal not right now.