24 hrs/ No ammonia spike yet

glenn10

Live Rock is loaded with coral and sponges. If there is no spike yet, could I be out of the woods? Live Rock is not cured. Came out of the gulf this week from Tampa Bay Saltwater.

P

pirate_bob

just take your time and have fun.. some cycles in the smaller tanks can take over a month

baddboyzz

GLENN
i live here in tampa and i do alot of dealing with richard and kathy at tb $*%@ water, i know them guys very well.Your tank should not go through a cycle but keep a eye on it to see but tb live rock never comes out of the water and if you had it shipped to you then it was shipped in water aswell or if you picked it up then it should of had water on it aswell, i got 200 lb of rock from them and i never seen a cycle,i added fish from the start the am,nits and trites went up very little but was all back down in a couple of days and all i did was added about 6 damsels and waited for my filter to get a good biological bacteria growth befor i added anymore fish and all has been going great for me.
just keep testing you water and make sure everything stays about the same for a good week and you will be fine.