24g Aquapod vs 29g Biocube

Interesting set up. My JBJ nano 24 actually came with 3 compartments. At the moment in the first compartment I have chemipure and a carbon bag. In the second compartment I have live rock at the bottom and a few bio balls floating on top. So I actually use both live rock and bio balls. I know a lot of people who swear against using bio balls but if you learn how to clean it then I think it works just fine. Have you had this set up for very long? You had mentioned you were doing this to culture copepods back there for your mandarin. Has this been successful in keeping your mandarin from starving?

asharp13

seemingly it has been doing a great job. i add a bottle of tiggerpods every now and then directly to the refugium during water changes. hopefully in time these will start to populate the refugium and keep my mandarin happy. i just dont want to assume that the population is sufficient just to see my mandarin floating one morning. im not sure exactly how i will know that though

no_wedge

either one really same concept, i went with AP cause I got a good deal with the metal halide. the corners really aren't hard to clean with a nano magnafloat.