24g Aquapod

plomanto

I just picked it up this weekend. I am going to build my stand, while I am building the stand I thought I would gather some tips on setting up the filtration system ( some do's and do nots)
Also any mods you can recommend.
Thank you in advance.
Peter

plomanto

Well I finished the stand tonight. I think I will get some rock ordered and some sand then I should be off into cycle land..

plomanto

I would never use damsels....I am going to go with uncured rock. The rock should kick off the cycle just fine, and since I have to wait any way I can see what develops from the rock..
All my previous tanks were cycled with uncured rock
I will get a pic when I leak test it this week

whisk

plomanto

Whisk
I was up very early this morning and read your thread. I took some great tips from it
Thank you
By the way "nice tank"

plomanto

I was going to get the last clear coat on the stand tonight but I ran out of energy so pics will have to wait till later in the week..
Not that I am getting ahead of my self but I have had a very hard time on deciding on what fish will go into it.
Here is what I know right now. Live sand, 30 to 40 LBS of uncured live rock and of course an appropriate CUC..
I am planning on Zoa's, leathers LPS ( i have to have a brain of some kind) Acans and duncans
I know that I will end up with only 2 or 3 small fish I just cant make up my mind . I do know I want some thing kind of unique or at least not so common..
I guess the long and short of this is " any suggestions"?
Again I realize fish are a while off but making my mind up on what fish has always been a little troubling for me.
Thanks Peter

plomanto

Clear coat was put on tonight...I hope to have it on the stand and leak test it by thursday...Pics will come then

nissan577

cant wait!
as for fish you can look into flasher wrasse! theres many nice ones!
blennys and cardinals as well! of flame angel