24g Comming Back

B

bigshoesw

I just wanted to post a few pictures of my 24 Nano. I had been going through some bad times, with alage, bad water, now Im getting back some good water. Hope you guys like them, and hopefully will be adding alot more in the near future. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks,

debbie

Very nice, love that leather and anemone too. What kind of lights are you using on that tank?

B

bigshoesw

Thats a good question! Im using the same lights that came with the 24nano hood, but I have been wondering what the are rated at. If anyone knows, I would appreciate if they could shed some light on the situtation. Also, has anyone been able to replace them with a bit more powerful light? Thanks

qbnfreek

Your tank is beautiful, You may want to purchase some peppermint shrimp to help control an aptasia out break!!! Good Luck Qbnfreek- California

B

bigshoesw

Just wanted to add a few more pictures, My tank is starting to do much better, so hopfully I will be adding as much as is healthy. Sorry about the pics, they cut off the sides

B

bigshoesw

Im sorry? What is aptasia? Please give me any suggestions you can offer, Im not sure exactly what Im doing. Thanks

fanker

the small anenomies wit long tenicals, they usually kill everything around it, take a serang like what harowin addics use and put calcium additives and squirt alittle into the mouth and they will die

toan

get peppermint shrimp, they eat that stuff like no other.. and when the aipstia is gone, they'll eat left over food you feed your fish as well as algae

L

lbaskball

hey big shoes, that anemone that you have is a seabae anemone. They require really strong lighting. Even more then bubble tip anemones which you may have a better chance at keeping with that stock lighting. I suggest you upgrade your lighting to more light or even better 150watts of metal halides. Seabae anemones get really big by the way, and when they get healthy they will turn brown color, not the white color that you have right now. Just a heads up. Also get rid of those small little things, aptisa, they will grow and grow and can even kill corals if they are near them. it will be hard to kill them once they take over the tank. Buy joesjuice as everyone has suggested to kill them.

taznut

awesome tank... i working on something like this but have a LONG ways to go... will aptisa kill fish??? they would add a little to my FOWLR tank...

B

bigshoesw

Toan, good call on the pepperment shrimp! They eat that stuff like it's going out of style.

bkolfo4

When all the bad stuff was gone, my pepermint starting eating my feather tubes, so I had to pull him out. Keep an eye on the feathers if you get one. . .
Brian