B

bywalker

I am interested in getting the 24g Nanocube. I want to stock the following:
LR
LS
1 Humu Humu Trigger
1 Dwarf Lion
1 Snowflake Eel.
My question is that I have been doing research and believe that setup is too small for a trigger. If thats the answer, how long can it be in that tank? It just gives me a reason to upgrade and sell that story to the wife, rather than getting a 100 gallon right now, but I just need to be prepared. I have a 80g reef tank and want to get a few fish that are not reef safe for this nano setup. I am looking to get all these fish as small as possible. Also if the humu humu is not appropriate for a nano cube, then what trigger is?
Also I am not partial to the Nano cube, but I want one of the "Cube" setup's.

member007

Sorry, but all these fish need a larger tank, and I think they grow pretty fast too. I am not an expert here, but if lion, or trigger is territorial, then War World 3 will happen in your tank this small. I would say if you have to do it then get a Dwarf Lion in there and nothing else.

matt b

Originally Posted by bywalker
I am interested in getting the 24g Nanocube. I want to stock the following:
LR
LS
1 Humu Humu Trigger
1 Dwarf Lion
1 Snowflake Eel.
My question is that I have been doing research and believe that setup is too small for a trigger. If thats the answer, how long can it be in that tank? It just gives me a reason to upgrade and sell that story to the wife, rather than getting a 100 gallon right now, but I just need to be prepared. I have a 80g reef tank and want to get a few fish that are not reef safe for this nano setup. I am looking to get all these fish as small as possible. Also if the humu humu is not appropriate for a nano cube, then what trigger is?
Also I am not partial to the Nano cube, but I want one of the "Cube" setup's.
nooooo no and NO!!!! trigger and lion will DEF fight in that small of a tank and a eel is WAY to big so that list will NOT work even a 100 is kinda small for that setup

blitz99

Originally Posted by MaTT B
nooooo no and NO!!!! trigger and lion will DEF fight in that small of a tank and a eel is WAY to big so that list will NOT work even a 100 is kinda small for that setup
triggers and lions together are generally not advised... though i had a niger with a volitan and they were perfectly fine.... the lion will need to be a dwarf in that size tank to make everyone on this board happy...
as for the trigger, if you get a huma huma you should accept that it will not be a very peaceful reef fish (the lions are typically very good reef fish no matter what anyone says)

blitz99

it wouldnt work because triggers swim like crazy, almost like a tang but faster...
and
triggers are dirty. they eat and are not neat about what goes down and what gets torn up.
so yes, it's not wise to do...

B

bywalker

Thanks for the advice.
I want to set up this 24g nano cube with fish that are not reef safe. I already have a 80g reef tank with a bunch of fish and coral. This new setup is to satisfy me to get the fish i cannot add to my 80. Any other suggestions for a stock list on the 24g FOWLR setup? And not clowns.
I got the 24g nano cube with 25lbs of live sand, and 25 lbs of cured purple live rock. It will be set up on Sunday and I will run it for a couple weeks, and do a water change after the spike. So I will be adding some fish in like 2 weeks.