250MH or 150MH?

mopar9012

First off Im not doing a 175 Mh. not enough bulb choices.
Anyways i have a 25 gallon tank and many of you are saying a 150 would support anything in that small of a tank.
Wll the tank is 36inches long. so with that being said I have a clam and a couple different species of SPS to keep in this tank.
another thing. I could keep all the SPS in the middle of the tank...well I kind of wanted to do a split rock theme. Meaning a rock mountain(very small mountain) on each side with swimming space in the middle.

stanlalee

I single 150w isn't going to cut it for a 36" long tank. If you raise it enough for full coverage it will be too weak to do what you want to do. A 250w is doable but you'll need a good reflector and raised higher than normal. I'd really prefer two lamps for coverage purposes. radium is the only important bulb I can think of still not available in 175w (though countered by the Iwasaki 15k bulb which is only available in 175w).

mopar9012

well i ran into some other problems with the way i wanted to do the rock.
so would a 150W be enough in the middle and enough for zoas on the ends?
what about if i could get my hands on two 70Watt MH fixtures.
i personally do not like the radium bulbs. I like phoenix. The radium 20K bulbs I had were no different in color than a phoenix 14K bulbs im running on my current tank.