250w Metal Halide w/10,000k bulb

pbuck

I have a 250 watt metal Halide setup for sale it has a 6 month old 10,000k bulb with a 16" reflector. This type of bulb is fantastic for growing just about anything you want. It has a blue tint to it due to the 10,000k (this really makes my tank look good). Also by having a Metal Halide bulb you will see a rippling shadow effect on your sand because of the single point source of lighting, it looks more like the sun does when it shines through the ocean. You will not see this type of effect with power compacts. I live in Missouri and it would be pretty convenient not to have to ship this anywhere due to the weight of the ballast. It has a fan in line with the bulb so when the bulb turns on the fan also comes on. This is a diy setup that works perfectly, the only drawback is that the ballast does not look very fancy. It is just a black box that has a wire coming out of it. I keep the ballast out of site, inside the stand. I would like to keep the canopy that it is in because it is designed for my 44 gallon pentagon tank. If you are interested in having the canopy as well we can arrange that too. The canopy is 18x11x9.5 (lxwxh) and it is unstained. I am asking $135.00 or best offer.
Please e-mail me if you are interested.
pbuckler@drury.edu

P

patrick g.

Hey, I'm also in Springfield. Wish you would have posted sooner. I just ordered a dual 250w MH setup w/10,000K bulbs. Selling anything else?

pbuck

Thats all the hardware I am selling. I am looking to trade some coral frags. Do you have anything you are wanting to trade?

P

patrick g.

Sorry, don't have my tank set up yet. In the process of getting all the equipment. I just noticed your Drury email address. I'm a Drury senior majoring in CIS? What classes do you have?

pbuck

Dominican, I sent you an e-mail but I am not sure if you are going to get it. I will tell you somewhat of what I e-mailed you in case you don't get it. The lowest shipping I could find was around $22.00 that was from UPS. That price did not include shipping the canopy, the canopy is for my 44 gal and won't fit many other aquariums. If you want the canopy I can add that to the shipping costs but I would reccomend not having to pay the extra shipping. Get back with me asap.

pbuck

Patrick G,
I have BADM 350, Hist of India, ART/ARCH 151, and Western Music. Give me an e-mail if you want some advice on what to get and where to get it. Believe me, I been taken a few times in some of our fish stores. Shop around if you still can, if not oh well. I have had my reef tank for over a year and I have taken care of my parents tank for five years. I have quite a few corals and fish, if you are ever looking to add some give me an e-mail and I can help you out on where to get 'em.
Oh yeah,
today I just started to mix up some homemede live rock. It is much cheaper than at our fish stores and it does not destroy a reef. Also if you are looking to speed up your cycling time for your tank, I can sell you a few pieces of live rock (a few have button polyps on them!) Those pieces will drastically shorten your cycle time.

yellowfin

I have corals for trade.. What are you looking for? in Corals lps ,sps, or Soft corals.. Hames and colors please. I might be able to trade corals for your MH Thanks MJ

pbuck

yellowfin, sorry I really would rather sell my MH. I was wondering where you live because I have and will have corals to trade now and in the future. I just really dont want to have to pay shipping costs.

yellowfin

Who sai dyou would pay for Shipping.. I am in Panama City Fl... What is it you are asking for the MH system $$ MJ
Zip is 32401... What is Yours???

pbuck

When I was talking about paying shipping charges it was in regards to sending corals, if we would trade. Anyway, the total price for the Metal Halide setup (without the canopy) will be $155.00 including shipping. E-mail me with your information and I will tell you where to send payment. It feels good to help out a fellow reefkeeper.

yellowfin

I can give you 150+.00 worth of corals... What are you looking for.. Email me @mjeung@bellsouth.net I will send you pictures and you can decied if you want them or Not ANd I pay the Shipping.. MJ

pbuck

yellowfin
I would really rather have cash but what corals and what sizes do you have? I am interested in just about everythink (LPS, SPS, soft)