250w MH complete kit!!

stapler

I just recieved my new light today, but came to reallization that it is too much for my 30g, so I am selling it. Its brand new, bought it off ---- for $125+shipping, and put it back in the box within a few hours of opening it.
READY TO PLUG INTO HOUSEHOLD CURRENT!!
This auction is for a complete 250 watt 10,000 Kelvin Metal Halide Aquarium Light System.
This system Includes:
1 NEW Plus Lighting 10k 250 watt MH bulb.
1 New 110/120v MH ballast.
18" Chrome Batwing reflector
Electrical cable - Wall to Ballast 3.5' (standard 3 prong plug)
Electrical cable - Ballast to Light 10'
Like I said, its brand new!
email me if interested.
stapler1711@yahoo.com

kingzfan

sorry to hear about that...I don't need the lights...I have a dual 250w already...but, I do have a dual 175w if needed. Let me know

drkdweller

How much for the duel 175. What dose it come with.
stapler is the bulb new. how old is the set up. How much is the shipping from where your at to Roanoke Va.

kpk

hey man do you still have the setup.
maybe trade, I have a pc hood used for about 2 months not every long each day. its 48" (you could retro it to your hood) and it is 4x55w pcs, 2 actinics and 2 10ks, i think on the 10k part

stapler

I would be interested, except my max length would be 30". Those would be way too long for my tank. Thanks for the offer.
The kit is still up for grabs!

reefriot

250w isn't too much really. you just need a pendant instead of a hood. i had the light set-up i'm selling over a 40gal hex. had awesome growth, just use a blue(14k or 20k) bulb.

stapler

The batwing deflector is 18"x18". The bulb hangs down about 5 inches of the reflector, and is already mounted to it. As for the ballast, I am not sure its exact dimensions...but you can compare it to the deflector in the picture.
Any other questions, just let me know. I am going to be putting it on ---- soon....so let me know!

250w is not too much for a 30 gallon tank, in fact IMO that isnt enough. If I were putting MH on a 30g(36inches long I believe) I would put 2x250w mh's. Just hang them in a pendant.

stapler

I would have used it, its just the batwing reflector is too big, and I would have to raise my canopy as well. I figure a pendant would be easier, and already have one on the way. I am going to get some VHO's or PC's along with the MH someday.
Still up for grabs!
Make me an offer!

warlockgp

Can you give me more info on the ballast? WHere did you get it from? I want to find out if 20Ks are ok to b used with it. So i get ballast, reflector, bulb all ready to go, right?

stapler

Yeah Its all set up and ready to go. All you have to do is screw in the bulb, mount it(obviously), and plug it in.
As for the ballast, I got it all packed away. Ill go find out and get back to you.