26 gallon tank

zanybees

Can anyone tell me if there is a small enough tang that can be purchased that will live comfortably in a 26 gallon tank?:jumping:

zanybees

I also need to know if there is a small enough angel fish that would be comfortable in a 26 gal. tank

flatzboy

No tangs at all! consider a flame angel or coral beauty, they are both good candidates for a tank that size.

oceanminded

As far as angels go look into the drawf angels. A pygmy would be fine in there with lots of live rock. As far as tangs go I dont know if a 26 gallon would be a good home.

aaron10248

I tend to get tired of reading that tangs arnt good small tank fish! I have had a Hippo and Yellow tang in my 29 gallon tank for 4 years. Hippo is 9 inches Yellow is 6 inches. Neither have ever had ick both eat great. Hippo's are my favorite fish and since I dident have 100's of dollars for a baltimore aquarium tank I made it work and ive been extremely happy with my results. Fish of the same species are like people some need lots of room others can live in a small space. What my tank lacks in size its made up for in care and so far my care has kept my tangs in wonderful condition.

greatfullreefer

Aaron...please stop copy/pasting the same message all over the message board (nobody cares or agrees with your statements) you have been lucky with your fish and i congratulate you but this is bad advise which threatens the wellbeing of the fish not to mention the hard earned money of anybody that heeds your ridiculous advise.

fireo1o

it would be a very bad idea to follow aarons plan. i used to have a 25 gal before i upgraded and kept a tang in it for a while. and it may seem ok at the time but once i put the guy into the 75, there was a world of differece, and i got off easy doing that. in the first place, why put the money in something you know probably wont work?

roadrunner

i have a 26 gal tank that has been up and running for a year now.
I have a lemonpeel dwarf angel in my tank and its doing great, i love how is looks, and its a very active fish. i've had it for a few months now with no problems. its getting along great with my 2 perc clowns.
if you end up getting a dwarf angel i would recommend having a good amount of LR, so that the angel can swim in and out of the rock as well as a place to hide.
hope this helps