•Percula clown x2
•Foxface x1
•Lyretail Anthias x6 ?
•Radiant Wrasse x1
•6-Line x1
•LMB x1
•Diamond Goby x1
•Heniochus Butterfly x2
this stocklist is for my 260 gallon reef tank,well that is a total of 14 fish is that ok? well im not sure about the chromis... plz let me know what you think. thanks Jake

btldreef

Originally Posted by fish are good
http:///forum/post/3196248
•Yellow Tang x1
•Hippo Tang x1
•Sailfin tang x1
•Flame Angle x1
•African Flameback x1
•Percula clown x2
•Foxface x1
•Chromis x6 ?
•Radiant Wrasse x1
•6-Line x1
•LMB x1
•Diamond Goby x1
•Heniochus Butterfly x2
this stocklist is for my 260 gallon reef tank,well that is a total of 14 fish is that ok? well im not sure about the chromis... plz let me know what you think. thanks Jake
Looks good ... be careful with the Butterflies. I have that many fish in a 155, LOL
Chromis, I'd replace them with Anthias. Lyretail Anthias school really nicely and aren't that difficult to care for. Chromis usually stop schooling once they're in the home aquarium and a lot of times they kill each other to prove dominance.
I would do more than one goby if you're intention is to use them as sand sifters (the diamond is an excellent choice for sand sifting). In a reef this size you're not going to have aggression issues.

btldreef

http:///forum/post/3196279
thanks a ton lol i was hoping for responses like that!!

Glad to help ... Feel free to PM me with any other questions :)
Add the dwarfs at the same time if possible, and I'd add them towards the end of the stock list, as well as the sailfin.
Good luck with the tank

k thanks alot will do about how many lyertail anthias would you recomend? are you thinking like 1 male and 3 females?? or .... you tell me lol

btldreef

http:///forum/post/3196290
k thanks alot will do about how many lyertail anthias would you recomend?
I'd do about 6. One will eventually change to a male. I have three and wish I had more. They're a great schooling fish and the easiest (and hardiest) of all the Anthias to care for in my opinion.

small triggers

Love the Henichos id do a trio..., and the dwarf angels good choices, Hopefully youll do the magnificent foxface or a one spot,, not just the plain , also, since you have a good mix of smaller fish and medium sized fish (keeping them all on the nicer side of semi-aggressive) Have you thought about not doing the 6 line wrasse, since hes fairly small and can be mean and maybe getting a fairy or flasher wrasse instead? something a little different?
I love the idea of a group of anthias also...

btldreef

I agree about the Six Line. Mine was a nightmare, but my flasher wrasse was wonderful! I was so sad when he went floor surfing and I just haven't had the heart to replace him yet. My Six Line bossed all my fish around and killed my mandarin.
About the anthias, buy them all young as females, one will change over to a male eventually. They're hardier if you get them all as females and let one change to a male than if you buy a couple females and one male. The male usually doesn't make it when it's bought that way, I have no idea why, just seems to be the way it works.
Since you asked, here's out 155G. We started it in September, so it's not very old, the corals really need to grow in: https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/368588/btldreefs-155g-update

your tanks looks amazing but hey what do i know lol im only 16
lol haha i have been in the hobby for 6 years now lol and i love it more and more every day!! nice tank...

btldreef

http:///forum/post/3196483
your tanks looks amazing but hey what do i know lol im only 16
lol haha i have been in the hobby for 6 years now lol and i love it more and more every day!! nice tank...

Wow, you're 16 with a 260G! I wish. I'm only 25, I'd have a larger tank if my landlord wouldn't kill me. I'm moving in a year and then we will upgrade again, I want a huge tank in the wall, but still trying to convince my husband.

yea i have a twin sooo its kinda nice to have all the expenses cut in half lol haha.... it drives me crazy once people hear how old we are and automatically jump to conclusions like "they are spoiled, there parents pay for everything" or "they dont know what they are talking about" lol see i live in Nebraska and pickings are slim for a good pet store but i have found a few. lol .... the pet store that dex (my twin) and i first started going to when we just started in this hobby was great but then new management took over and they had these "kids" that were oh about my age and they thought they new everything so we were at the store once and this delinquent was at the check out and we bought a few new fish and the total was like $200 and some odd change and i was the one at the checkout and my parents were just waiting behind me and she totaled it up and asked my parents for the money talking over the top of me and i was like no we are paying for it lol and i got this look like "yea right" lol haha and then anyway it was just sooo frustrating lol. Got off on a little bit of a rant sry
but couldnt you see how that is agrivating??

btldreef

http:///forum/post/3196507
yea i have a twin sooo its kinda nice to have all the expenses cut in half lol haha.... it drives me crazy once people hear how old we are and automatically jump to conclusions like "they are spoiled, there parents pay for everything" or "they dont know what they are talking about" lol see i live in Nebraska and pickings are slim for a good pet store but i have found a few. lol .... the pet store that dex (my twin) and i first started going to when we just started in this hobby was great but then new management took over and they had these "kids" that were oh about my age and they thought they new everything so we were at the store once and this delinquent was at the check out and we bought a few new fish and the total was like $200 and some odd change and i was the one at the checkout and my parents were just waiting behind me and she totaled it up and asked my parents for the money talking over the top of me and i was like no we are paying for it lol and i got this look like "yea right" lol haha and then anyway it was just sooo frustrating lol. Got off on a little bit of a rant sry
but couldnt you see how that is agrivating??
Definitely know the feeling. I used to babysit, cut grass, walk dogs, etc to save up for a $7,000 flute (I'm a musician). When I went to buy it, the guy said "Someone loves you." I was so pissed, I walked out of the store. I soon found another dealer of flutes (I live in NY, so it's easy) and bought from them. People just assume nowadays that teens are lazy and don't work for their money, which unfortunately, is usually the truth.

sparky101

where at do you live in Nebraska? I'm in lincoln and and am always looking for someone from this state who has a reef tank. Which stores do you suggest to go to? Are there any local clubs or anything you know of in NE?
P.S. How about this snow, CRAZY!!

btldreef

http:///forum/post/3196523
hey so you live in New York ... do you got to Time Square for New Years ? lol i have always wanted to go to new york lol
LOL .. I think only people from outside New York actually go to NY for New Years. Too many crazy people for me! It's ridiculous, once you're inside the gated off area, you can't leave, not even if you need to use a bathroom. Not my idea of fun