2700 gallon shark tank pic trying to post

jas_zone

Req if you are still watching this thread at all:
I would like to know how you seated the windows in the tank?
It looks like the basic const of the tank is pretty strait forward, although a lot of work and it will look great. What I am really getting at is water obviously has a certain amount of weight/pressure did you use a formula to determine glass thickness, seal type and size of window. Any input would be appreciated. I love sharks and would like to consider finishing my basement in this manner. I found a link on msn to some guy that goes by black tip that had great photos for filtration and construction but he did not have any details on the window selection. appreciate it thanks and great luck with your installation.

requiem

jew,lionfish12,condork12, and FLATZBOY thanks for all of you hijacking my post try to keep on the topic of the original post
Thanks
requiem

liontamer

Dude, how DID u make that thing though? Did u hire someone to make it? What do you think it is gonna cost you to fill it with water, buy salt (Make yer own recipe, or buy big buckets) then rock and then the actual inhabitants, plus lightng and filtration. You musta saved BIG TIME on this one. Also, I believe jas_zone was asking how u put the windows in there, and how u sealed that up. Im interested in how u did that too?

ams153

wow i woulda thought it woulda been a lot more than that but its cool lookin i want ot see pics when its done very nice and good luck

corbin1234

i dont care if its done or not, i just want to see more pictures, filtration, plumming, just to see it filled with water would be awesome

requiem

Hi, I will have the filter syetem set up some time in oct.
I will post pics then the acrylic should be in place some time in FEB.

rob44

So I see you work at a zoo. Is this where you are getting the fish from? lol :)
I want to put in a custom tank. Who is doing yours?

leopard_babe

Hang on I need to wipe my chin, I am drooling.
I would like to know, when you get it up and running, how is the maintanence on it? I always wanted to build my own tank. When I get a house I would definately do that, if the cleaning was not to bad.
That is awesome, and we would like to keep getting more eye candy. We love pictures here...
Thanks,
L babe

rookie

Hows the progress going? Are you done with the filtration yet? Please post some new pictures it would be fun to see!
Nick

robchuck

Very nice work!!! Just seeing the few pics of the progress is an inspiration!
I have a few questions though:
What do you plan to use for skimming this tank? And the rest of the filtration?
What will the circulation be?
How will the tank be lit?
What are your plans for dealing with evaporation?
What do you plan to keep in the tank with the Black Tip?
Good luck with the rest of the setup, and I look forward to seeing updates of your progress!

mscoral21

Are you going to keep fish in there or just sharks? Wow that tank is huge!!! I can just imagine if i asked my fiance if we could build one :jumping: Hes probably die of a heart attack! LOL