Hello, i'm getting a 275 gallon tank and in there will be a shark and a stingray. I'm not sure which type of stingray and shark i'll get but can crabs, and shrimp go in the tank without being eaten? If so what kind?

aa sump is a large filteration system below your tank, with overflows, it is popular among marine hobbiest, i have one and love it, it consist of a large wey dry filter with a skimmer inn it.

grouperhead

dlight got the sump right, BUT for the shark and ray, thats a no-no. they will be crammed in that tank. sharks and rays need imo a 300 gallon MINIMUM. they also arent for beginners. start out with something easy like triggers, groupers, eels, lions, etc. if you want predators. also do some reading and research on fish and saltwater tanks, it will help you. no inverts in that tank either. i would reccomend the conscientious marine aquariast by fenner as a great beginner book. good luck on your new tank. bo

goofieones

You also must make sure if you do get a ray, that you have sand, not cc, because they have soft bellies that scratch easily. But please listen to everyone elses advice, it propably wouldn't be wise to get a shark or ray. Anyways as I understood it from your other posts, weren't you going to use this new tank to put your 3 trigger fish in and your grouper? You proable have enough fish now to fill the 275.

Well, i whas planning on getting a 300 but got a 275. NO, I wouldn't leave that emperor in the 55, i'm not cruel. And for the sump, can you put in there, heaters, proteinskimmers, filters, etc.?