kidreef

okay i went to ***** today and i have a couple questions 1 they had a very nice blue star i have a brittle could i get that one to they didnt say what type it was 2 r condy anenomes hard to keep and what lighting would i need

cdangel0

Condi anemones are not hard to keep, but keep in mind that they generally do not host either. I was able to keep one very high up under PC lights, but they do require (as do most nems) a lot of light, mine is much happier since switching to T5s.

puffer32

Sounds like a blue linka like the one posted by nigerbang. If it is, it needs lots of rock, large established tank.

ophiura

Originally Posted by kidreef
okay i went to ***** today and i have a couple questions 1 they had a very nice blue star i have a brittle could i get that one to they didnt say what type it was 2 r condy anenomes hard to keep and what lighting would i need

Yup, the star is likely a Blue Linckia and therefor is one of the most difficult stars to keep. First, I wouldn't buy one unless it has been there several weeks. Then you need a tank, at least 6 months old, full mature reef tank over 125g with at least 150lbs of LR to start. More would be better. Water conditions must be pristine, with specific gravity at least 1.025.
These are very difficult animals to keep in most tanks and most will die quickly.

kidreef

thx for the info all of yall so i guess i wont get it thats a bummer but o well i just get marlin a wife

jtrzerocool

i made the mistake of buying a coral beauty from *****. i got it home and it was dead 7 days later. it looked great in the tank and was activly swimming. but it wouldnt eat. it got weak and my maroon goldbar started picking at her till she eventually died. i would rather spend $50 to get somthing healthy then keep spending $25 over and over and over and over just hoping that it will live. i will never buy another live fish from ***** again.

nigerbang

OMG....I get so tired of seeing ***** threads...It should be on that magic list of words....
If you dont like *****, Dont promote them...Any advertising is good advertising...
*****'s are about like most LFS, Some suck and some are okay...

rara12

*****'s fish are fine, you just need to QT them like you should be doing for any live stock ANYWAY!!! Gosh

ophiura

Please do not hijack this thread to start bashing *****!
Its been done, a lot, over and over....
The poster asked about Starfish, anemones and lighting, and the care of those has far more to do with the tank and caretaker than the source at this point in time.

ric maniac

ya our ***** here is better than any other place ive been to. they are very knowledgable and their tanks are amazing. they wont sell you an animal if you dont have the right conditions.