280 gallon tank for a new refugium

Originally Posted by chilwil84
sweet tanks am i the only one who caught view of a passer angel and what looks like a miniatus(has the spots and yellow fins) is a frag tank how does that work out for you.
yea, there's quite a variety of fish in that tank, i call it my frag 210 gallon tank, holding, quarantine, there's also some different mixes of tangs, large lion fish, clown trigger, things that blows people's mind that they don't mess with my corals, the reason is i have a feeding pattern, use certain foods at certain times, my fish really go crazy at feeding times, they all have there own behaviors in a fascinating way, its amazing how these fish get, the grouper is very unique in its way, its a Lavender spot Lyretail tail grouper, its almost like the miniatus they don't have the yellow in the finz.
The other reason why I'm able to keep them fat, super healthy, and happy, is because i really focus on clean water, it has a very large skimmer for its tank size, i do water changes every 4 days on schedule also, pristine water is whats about. I clean all my filters every day, stability is also what its all about, boy if i get off track, my corals, fish, etc tell me, they'll get sick, i don't like fluctuations, nether does the animals,

it hangs out in the middle area of the tank, it knows the difference when i'm around or somebody else, it gets pissed when others are around, so i feed them a little to com down,lol.

pisse3d, scared, don't no whats going on.

narmal look

I got to trick him when its feeding time, i put my hands in the water on one side and feed the lion on the other, sometimes he gets me, look at those teeth.

he's really big, about 11 inches

gatorwpb

I just dont understand how one person can keep up with all these tanks and fish.
Its amazing and absolutely beautiful fedel!!

Originally Posted by GatorWPB
I just dont understand how one person can keep up with all these tanks and fish.
Its amazing and absolutely beautiful fedel!!

well, it takes persistance, and a schedule to keep my life with family in balance, i get up at 4 in the morning, clean all sock filters,skimmers,check the level where there at, add supplements, feed them and go to work before the sun comes up, i do it every day to make shore nothing go's wrong. i set up 1 tank, cycle it, then stock, while I'm stocking one, i set up another to cycle, so by the time i stocked the first, then at that time usually after 1 year, i get to stock the next, so year after year i got something new to play with, while the others are growing like crazy, that's when i get to frag, tons of them, but unfortunately slowly but Shirley there going one by one, I'm only keeping the 300 gallon, its empty but cycling, can't wait till march to stock that baby, what's crazy is i don't have nothing the same in each tank, except my gigas clams , i have 9 of them, large ones, but they gotta go.
between all my tanks like i said nothing is the same for corals, its amazing how many different corals there are, now that i can say i know how to keep corals alive, i want to get things that are hard to have, rare stuff to have, thing'a i never had before, and i never had a computer iether, so now i can collect thing's i never seen before, cool things, boy i can't wait.

staci

Omg your tanks are beautiful!! I can't even begin to fathom what you have invested..I know what we have in our little 120g and I have a resale license and i can get things at cost from central pet...I still about choke when I think about it..We only have one spone and 2 mushroom polyps in our tank now along with some fish..I cant wait to start adding stuff, but I am doing alot of reading about how to do different things..Any suggestions would help.
Staci

Originally Posted by Staci
Omg your tanks are beautiful!! I can't even begin to fathom what you have invested..I know what we have in our little 120g and I have a resale license and i can get things at cost from central pet...I still about choke when I think about it..We only have one spone and 2 mushroom polyps in our tank now along with some fish..I cant wait to start adding stuff, but I am doing alot of reading about how to do different things..Any suggestions would help.
Staci
boy if i had a computer, and your license , i would have saved lots of money.
, but it was worth every penny i spent on these awesome animals.

Originally Posted by Russy Pelican
I can't get over the clown trigger in there!!!!
here's a few more pics of the clown trigger, he only eats my crabs, leaves everything else alone

this pink tail was traded for the clown,it was eating everything, i had another pink tail and it didn't mess with nothing.

more triggers

the begginning days of my 280

a sargassum trigger, also very pieceful

and i love big eels,
this is a pic in the garage next to the 280, its in a 150 gallon

pat713

what's the dimentions on the 144 1/2 circle? In feet/inches. Are you selling the stand too, dimentions on that too?

Originally Posted by Pat713
what's the dimensions on the 144 1/2 circle? In feet/inches. Are you selling the stand too, dimensions on that too?
the size of tank is 4 feet 10 inches long by 29 inches high, stand is 4 feet 10 inches long, by 31 inches tall, hood is 4 feet 10 inches long by 9 inches tall.
Yes it is for sale, going for 2500.00, with 2 400 watts coralife electronic ballast, 2 36 inch vho actinics with ice cap ballast, sump Berlin style dual sock filters,magf 12 pump,uroreef skimmer 180,and 100lbs live rock cured, covered in coral line algae, and hundreds of beneficial life on rocks. its still in new condition.

this pic is one of my friends scratching his head thinking is that clam real,lol.

this shows the color to the stand and hood, cherry wood look, the half circles were limited additions, from what i know they only made little over 400 of these all glass reef tanks.

T

tkcaptiva

i am also in florida and was told no tanks in the garage...any issues? love your clams.

staci

OK, I dont mean to be dense. I just noticed you have some white grid like pieces on your rock, what is the purpose of that?
Staci

Originally Posted by tkcaptiva
i am also in florida and was told no tanks in the garage...any issues? love your clams.
yea unlevel floors, beware.

Originally Posted by Staci
OK, I dont mean to be dense. I just noticed you have some white grid like pieces on your rock, what is the purpose of that?
Staci
thats my 210 frag holding tank, it has a even level of Live Rocks, then a level of grates, then what ever frags, rocks on top of that to hold it down, i have a lower level for the frags , they don't need to be close to lights, thats 3 400 watts of 10,000k reef flux bulbs.

the begining days, fresh new crates, holding fresh frags, all gone

pic of todays

Originally Posted by dragonboy
Dang thats a huge clam imagine if it dies that will really mess up the water.
yea, thanks for being so positive

it would kill everything if left to die, the house, for get about it, it would smell like some lfs i've been too.