29 Bio Cube Question.

topher

Thinking of getting back into saltwater fish tank after many years... i was thinking of the 29 bio cube and my question is are they quiet enough to keep in a bedroom?

nissan577

leaving it the way it is then yes it will be quiet. playing with it changing it to make it better all you will hear is the water

1snapple

Just FYI the JBJ picotope i have in my room is silent. No anything.
I do NOT recommend a pico to any new reefer.

topher

thanks for the reply nissan i think im going to keep it all stock the only coral i might want to get is GSP love the way it looks and the way it spreads i plan to get it wednesday or thursday next week i think i will do a diary whole set up with pics and vids i have nothing but time on my hands

1snapple

What kind of bioCube? HQI or PC? If you go w/ PC I would try to add some stunner LED lights to it.
They are by ecoxotic.com and are about $50 and 2 should be fine to keep almost anything you want.
You can easily do acans ect. along w/ zoas.

topher

i wouldn't call my self new just born again i had the jbj 12 and jbj 28 a few years ago but i had to move cross country so my brother got the tanks and now im back home for good and wanted my tanks back but now he will not part with them

1snapple

Topher, if your planning on having this tank for a while, Go w/ PC lighting then retrofit w/ LED lighting.
www.Rapidled.com sells whole BioCude retrofit kits for a decent price and you can tell them the colors you
want and are just all around a great company.

nissan577

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Snapple http:///forum/thread/383361/29-bio-cube-question#post_3352420
Just FYI the JBJ picotope i have in my room is silent. No anything.
I do NOT recommend a pico to any new reefer.
its silent cause it has a HOB filter...Snapple SWF doesnt like it when you post other sites. if your gonna post sites PM the member.
topher i wouldnt do leds. if your gonna upgrade later i will save the money for that tank. since you just wanna keep GSP like stated above remain with PC the star polyps will do fine. but if you do wanna make it serious with this nano tank then i would say upgrade to MH. once again go with what you want. look into the corals you wanna keep and what your able to buy.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher http:///forum/thread/383361/29-bio-cube-question#post_3352535
hey do u think Xenia would work with the stock lighting?
Hi. I have the 29 Bio cube and enjoy it very much. I currently have a variety of corals including the Xenias you are asking about. They do pulse and are thriving. IMO and experience, depending on your budget, and your choice in corals, you may do just fine with the stock lights, however, buy the repalcements and change out the stock ones. The new lights are better. Keep in mind one thing, you should change your lights out every six to eight months.
Post some pics when you get er done!!

topher

Thanks Kiefers, I will do a diary of the entire set up with pic and videos it will start wednesday snow premitting (new england sucks). And while in on the subject of new england sucking i live in RI (the ocean state) i can find a good store the one i use to go to closed down