29 biocube mod

chris0799

i want more lighting in my biocube to where i can put an anemone and some cool corals in there. i want o keep my hood tho. cant afford sunpod.
i was thinking that i could take out all the suff in it now and get a 150 wat MH retro kitand put it under the hood. could i do this?
any other suggestions that arent too expencive. around $200?

chris0799

That would be no point bc I already have 72 watts of light in there already. Y canT I put one 150 watt under there. And u wouldn't be able o keep an anemone under just 70 watts of lighting in a 29 gallon aquarium.

J

jetskiking

Originally Posted by chris0799
http:///forum/post/3144714
That would be no point bc I already have 72 watts of light in there already. Y canT I put one 150 watt under there. And u wouldn't be able o keep an anemone under just 70 watts of lighting in a 29 gallon aquarium.
Thats 142 watts of lighting in that hood. It still has the PC's also and I promise you can keep an anemone in it. As a matter of fact I did keep an anemone in it.
The 1x 150 is going to heat up a lot more, to the point you will probably need a chiller. Plus Its going to heat the hood up way to much without chopping it all to bits and putting a bunch more fans. The PC's distribute the heat better even though its almost the same wattage as the single 150. I would also agree that you can't keep keep anemone's such as a bubble tip under the Pc's by themselves or probably not the 70w halide by itself. The combo of the two drives the PAR up just enough to do it. I kept everything I tried in that tank when I had it including anemones and high light acro's.

J

jetskiking

You will just need to search for a 70w retro kit I cant link to where I got mine on here.