29 Biocube - Updated Pics

My 29 Biocube, I have added a Koralia Pump for more water flow, and the new Oceanice Nano Skimmer made for the 14 & 29 gallon biocubes. The skimmer is working great, it gets about a 1/2 cup of skimmate per day. The water clarity has even improved since I added the skimmer. Here are some updated pics of my Torch Coral, Plate Coral, Candy Coral, Flower Pot Coral, Clam, Ricordia and one of my new fish ( Yellow Rose Goby), he is starting to come out more every day. He has made a hole in the rock his home and comes out to see what is going on when I feed or when I get close to the tank. Let me know what you think and if you like it or if you have any complaints. I love to hear all feedback good and bad. Thanks

Yes, stock biocube lights, the only upgrades I have done are the Koralia Pump and the Oceanic Skimmer. I have had the tank set up since July and started adding the corals and fish after it cycled

S

soldier

Have you changed anything in the filtration system, Do you have the bio balls in the middle compartment or did you change that?

The filtration is still the same, bioballs in the middle chamber, I did remove the sponge in the return pump chamber and also the carbon in the first chamber and added the Oceanic Skimmer which by the way works excellent.

S

soldier

Originally Posted by phils29bcinwa
The filtration is still the same, bioballs in the middle chamber, I did remove the sponge in the return pump chamber and also the carbon in the first chamber and added the Oceanic Skimmer which by the way works excellent.

Ok i was wondering if i had to change the filtration i hear alot about changing it into a fuge. Can you post a pic of it just so i can make sure. Mines is completely stock did you put anything in place for the removable filter in the 1st chamber?

I added the Oceanic Skimmer to the first compartment when I removed the carbon filter. I hear about alot of people removing the bioballs in the middle chamber and adding live rock rubble, they say that the bioballs get dirty and cause nitrates, but I dont see any problem with leaving the bioballs in there, mine have been set up and running for 7 months now and when you remove the drip tray and look at them, they still look brand new, no junk on them at all.

S

soldier

Originally Posted by phils29bcinwa
I added the Oceanic Skimmer to the first compartment when I removed the carbon filter. I hear about alot of people removing the bioballs in the middle chamber and adding live rock rubble, they say that the bioballs get dirty and cause nitrates, but I dont see any problem with leaving the bioballs in there, mine have been set up and running for 7 months now and when you remove the drip tray and look at them, they still look brand new, no junk on them at all.
Ok thanks