29 gal 1 month update

khaari

Wow! It's already been a month since setup. The tank never went through a cycle. Everything looks great and is growing nicely.
Amm-0
Trite-0
Trate-0
Temp 80.4
Salinity/SG-1.026/35 ppt
dKH-12
Cal-450
Phos-0

khaari

levels have all been fine since day 1. All LR was from established tank at LFS and I used LS. I tested everything after throwing in a total of 3 raw shrimp for over a week and saw no spikes at all. Everything still tests at 0 for ammonia, trites, and trates. The mushroom that was a hitch hiker on the LR has now tripled in size. All fish and corals are growing, coloring extremely well and overall doing great.

khaari

Thank you veni. I'm hoping to make this tank as colorful as I possibly can. It's no where near as good looking as some of the other tanks I have seen members post pics of but one day it will be. :)

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by Khaari
levels have all been fine since day 1. All LR was from established tank at LFS and I used LS. I tested everything after throwing in a total of 3 raw shrimp for over a week and saw no spikes at all. Everything still tests at 0 for ammonia, trites, and trates. The mushroom that was a hitch hiker on the LR has now tripled in size. All fish and corals are growing, coloring extremely well and overall doing great.
i think it's weird that even though you added 3 raw shrimp to a 29g, there was no ammonia spike...i would think if the tank was cycled or not, you would see an ammonia spike. i've heard when people are setting up much larger tanks and only adding one shrimp that they see a spike.
interesting...

chankanaab

Originally Posted by curryfishman
omg that was an stupid move adding corals when your tank is only 1 mounth old!!
thats not very nice
....tank is looking great keep up the good work

khaari

I thought it was strange as well so I posted about it in the new hobbiest forum. I started out with only 1 raw shrimp and then added the second. I also replaced my api test kit with a salifert and still tested at 0 so I took a sample in to the LFS and he tested as well using salifert kits and came up 0. After that I tossed in the 3rd for a just in case and let them all melt away. After they disappeared I added the first fish (tomato clown) and let it sit about a week, testing everyday, before I started adding any corals. As of today I still have not had any spikes at all.

bocfuss

My 29 gallon tank never cycled either, I also used high quality live rock and LS. Weird isn't it. Tank Looks awesome, good work.