29 Gallon fish line up

pufferfreak

I have a 29 gallon that is cycling, i have 2 tank-raised percula clowns, i know that i should have used dead shrimp method. The tank has 20 lbs of ls and, and im gonna eventually have about 30 lbs of live rock but, i want to get a watchman goby, some little hermits, a really small yellow cowfish like less than an inch in size, and after the tank matures a small coral beauty. Or if i don't get the coral beauty than a tiny yellow tang. Any suggestions on the line up will help.

striker

Yellow tang will not go well in a 29gallon, are prone to ick. Recommended tank size is 75 gallons. Coral beauty recommended tank size is 40 gallon but might do well in a 29 gal. The cowfish is poisenous and may release toxins, extremely sensitive, not reef compatable and recommended tank size is 135 gallons. I think it's supposed to be kept with non-aggressive fish and is a slow eater. Maybe you should look into getting a blenny, pseudochromis or gobie.

bentrue

i currently have a 29g with a coral beauty. the book i have rates the coral beauty minimum tank size at 29g. i have a lot of LR, about 48 pounds or so which gives the beauty a lot of grazing room and places to hide.
with my next statement i am NOT saying put anything that you want in your tank. i have come to find that you can put more fish in a tank than some people will tell you if you research the lifestyles of the fish. for instance, a watchman gobyand a coral beauty will not usually occupy the same areas of the water. this kind of goby is a bottom dweller while the coral beauty is more of a upper half swimmer.
again, this is NOT an excuse to overstock a tank, i have 4 fish in my 29 and will not put another fish in. i have a false perc, coral beauty, lawnmower blenny, and a bicolor dottyback. all levels are 0 and corals are doing great.

ci11337

:scared: A cowfish and a tang in a 29!!!!! you could get a coral beuty, a yellow watchmen goby, and your 2 clownfish, But not a cowfish or a tang!! good luck with your new tank!! :happyfish

fishgeek01

no flame from me though, to each his own, even if its not what you would perceive to be good or right

roushracer

Well I've had him for about a year and a half and he's as healthy as can be.
I may be upgrading to a 92 corner soon, so he'll have alot more space.

renogaw

oh phew, yea, i see it now. but, 2 angels in the same 29 gal? it is so funny how fish will surprise people and actually be compatible huh?

roushracer

Yeah, I got the lemonpeel for free kowing that they may not be compatable, I accepted having to give one up.
To my suprise they get along just fine, and have been together ever since!
Same with the 2 clowns, although I will be getting rid of the black and white clown eventually to get another maroon