29 gallon fowlr stocking !

how is this?
pair of Ocellaris ( def will be added)
watchmen/pistol combo( i really like)
either a Royal Gramma Basslet or a sailfin blenny
and a red legged hermit crab in a 29 fowlr. how is this setup? what should i add first too last? thank you guys
if u have any other good fish i can add

mr. limpid

I would start with watchmen and pistol, let them get established. The red leg is very aggressive, look at the decorated crab not as much. But all crabs are aggressive. Then Basslet or Blenny. Last clowns, tip: purchase small one and a larger one, this will help with one turning female. Once your clowns mate they will own that whole tank especial if the lay eggs. Good luck

I would start with watchmen and pistol, let them get established. The red leg is very aggressive, look at the decorated crab not as much. But all crabs are aggressive. Then Basslet or Blenny. Last clowns, tip: purchase small one and a larger one, this will help with one turning female. Once your clowns mate they will own that whole tank especial if the lay eggs. Good luck
can i do one black and white clown and one normal clown as a pair? also whats the cheapest way too go for a quarantine tank? if the fish looks healthy then what

mr. limpid

They are the same species, but there is always a risk when they look different. You would have to watch them and if one stay at the top of the tank and the other hit it every time it moves, you'll have to take one back to the store. Glad you are asking about QT. I bought my first QT 10gal. complete with hood, light, heater and filter, from a garage sale. I added a sponge filter for a 20gal. because the hang back filter it came with doesn't hold enough media for bacteria. I painted the outside bottom black, inside bare bottom and a scrape piece of PVC I had laying around. Note: you need to establish this QT same as DT which can take up to 3 months. My rule for buying fish: 1. Swimming fine no weird movement 2. Good color no white spots or discoloration 3. Make the LFS feed them, if they don't eat for them they wont eat for you. 4. Watch what they feed them and make sure you have that food. Start them off on it then try other foods. Verity will keep them alive to adult. Good Luck

They are the same species, but there is always a risk when they look different. You would have to watch them and if one stay at the top of the tank and the other hit it every time it moves, you'll have to take one back to the store. Glad you are asking about QT. I bought my first QT 10gal. complete with hood, light, heater and filter, from a garage sale. I added a sponge filter for a 20gal. because the hang back filter it came with doesn't hold enough media for bacteria. I painted the outside bottom black, inside bare bottom and a scrape piece of PVC I had laying around. Note: you need to establish this QT same as DT which can take up to 3 months. My rule for buying fish: 1. Swimming fine no weird movement 2. Good color no white spots or discoloration 3. Make the LFS feed them, if they don't eat for them they wont eat for you. 4. Watch what they feed them and make sure you have that food. Start them off on it then try other foods. Verity will keep them alive to adult. Good Luck
If i buy tank raised from live Aquaria do i still need too quarantine ? if anything ill use the filter from my main tank as it was suggested from someone from ora.

lmforbis

Always quarantine. The equipment needs to be separate. QT always is used for QT and never the display. This prevents contamination. A QT can be a. 10 gallon tank with a sponge filter and air pump, a small heater and some PVC pipes for shelters. Simple and easy to sterilize if necessary.

Always quarantine. The equipment needs to be separate. QT always is used for QT and never the display. This prevents contamination. A QT can be a. 10 gallon tank with a sponge filter and air pump, a small heater and some PVC pipes for shelters. Simple and easy to sterilize if necessary.
i def will do this! how are the red hairy hermit crabs

lmforbis

I’ve only had blue leg and scarlet. They are really small. I have no experience with any other varieties Some hermits will take fish, not sure which ones. Others are pretty good. Most will kill snails for their shells.

Jesterrace

If i buy tank raised from live Aquaria do i still need too quarantine ? if anything ill use the filter from my main tank as it was suggested from someone from ora.
Absolutely, online shipping is actually where the biggest need for quarantine comes in. The one major advantage LFS have is that you can witness the fish swimming around in their holding tanks so you can ensure you are getting an active/healthier specimen before buying. With an online shipping source you have no idea what you are getting.

Absolutely, online shipping is actually where the biggest need for quarantine comes in. The one major advantage LFS have is that you can witness the fish swimming around in their holding tanks so you can ensure you are getting an active/healthier specimen before buying. With an online shipping source you have no idea what you are getting.
alright i will! ty man!